CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

"GIRL MEETS SWEET SIXTEEN"

Primrose sat between two of her best friends on Riley's bay window

Primrose sat between two of her best friends on Riley's bay window. "Something new and exciting, please." Riley smiled.

Maya shrugs. "We've done everything."

"Yeah, it seems like we've done everything. I'm tired." Primrose yawns. "How 'bout we just take a nap?"

Maya grins. "I love that idea."

"No naps." Riley shakes her head. "And it would be such a sad situation if we've really have done everything." She smiles when she thought of an idea. "Oh."

Maya and Primrose exchange a look and they both look at Riley. "You got somethin'?" Maya asked.

Riley's smile widens as she nods. "Oh."

Primrose chuckles. "Yeah, she got somethin'."

"I predict that the next thing you say is gonna be ridiculous." Maya said to Riley.

"We should have our Sweet Sixteen now!" Riley exclaimed.

Maya looks at Primrose with a grin. "Oh, look at that, Rosie. I'm right!" Primrose chuckled and rolled her eyes.

Riley frowns. "Why?"

"Well, because you see, I just turned fifteen." Maya replies. "Rosie has been fifteen for a few months," She points at Riley. "And you're eight."

Riley smiles and speaks in a sing-songy voice. "I have all my big teeth."

"Riles," Primrose chuckles and shakes her head. "We can't have a Sweet Sixteen when we're fifteen."

Riley looks at her with a frown. "I didn't get my bat mitzvah."

Maya narrows her eyes at the brunette-haired girl. "You're not Jewish."

"I didn't get my quinceañera." Riley continued.

"And you're not Latina." Primrose reminded her.

Riley throws her arms up out of frustration. "I want something! I want something now, daddy!"

Maya and Primrose lean back with surprise. "Nope, still us." Maya remarked.

Riley puts her hands on her knee, glancing at the two girls who sat beside her. "What can you two do for me?"

"We can both tell you that it's not time for a Sweet Sixteen yet." Maya responded.

"It's all so random." Riley rolls her eyes. "We should be able to have it at anytime."

Primrose tilts her head to the side, furrowing her eyebrows. "Then it wouldn't be called a Sweet Sixteen and it wouldn't be that important."

Riley points at her. "They just call it a 'Sweet Sixteen' because of suh suh."

"No," Maya shakes her head. "If it was a suh suh thing they could've called it 'Sweet Seventeen' just as much."