CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"GIRL MEETS SKI LODGE-PART ONE & TWO"

"Nature." Cory says, using the pointer stick to point to the word 'nature' that's written in capital letters on the chalkboard. "Makes us sneeze, puts us in the infirmary. Nature." He points at the word again with the pointer stick.

Maya chuckles. "What's he got against nature?"

"Yeah," Primrose nods with her eyebrows furrowed. "Doesn't he run the Nature Club?"

"He's only running the Nature Club because it was that or the Ski Club." Riley replied.

"So why didn't he choose the Ski Club?" Lucas asked.

"He can't run the Ski Club because of what happened at the Mount Sun Lodge when they were our age." Riley responded.

An angry expression forms on Cory's face as he points at the word again. "Nature. The only place a bear can kill ya from." He hits the board again with the pointer stick. "Nature."

"Well," Zay speaks up. "What happened at the Ski Lodge?"

"A mountain girl kissed him." Riley replied in a whisper.

Cory points at her. "I didn't kiss her back."

"Nature." Maya spoke mockingly, hitting her desk with both hands which made Primrose chuckle.

Cory looks at her iwth a glare. "How 'bout I throw you back in the street where ya came from, you waif?" 

Maya furrows her eyebrows with confusion, staring off in a random direction as she mouths the word 'waif'. "Those were very bad times for Cory and Topanga." Riley speaks. "But everything's  fine now, except we can't ski ever or say 'ski' or walk down hill."

"So why is he all upset with nature?" Farkle questioned.

Riley looks at him. "Guess where the hike is."

Smackle nods with a look of realization on her face. "The Mount Sun Lodge."

"Nature." Cory hit the chalkboard with more force this time causing the pointer stick to break in half.

Riley raises her eyebrows at him. "What are you doing, dad?"

"The ski lodge was almost the end of Cory and Topanga, America's sweethearts." Cory smiles. "And now, I know there's something gonna happen there for you. So, I am protecting ya...For nature." He went to hit the chalkboard with his pointer stick, stopping when he remembered it was broken. So instead he threw the half of the pointer stick he had left at the chalkboard which bounces off the chalkboard and falls to the ground.

"We're just going up to see the leaves change color." Lucas said.

"Yeah, sometimes nature can be really pretty." Primrose smiled.

"Alright, before we get on the bus I want to talk to you guy about the other kind of nature." Cory speaks. "The human kind."

Zay shakes his head, mumbling, "Here it comes."