CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Girl Meets The Bay Window"

"Why are you smiling like that at us?" Primrose asked Riley, looking at the brunette-haired girl weirdly

"Why are you smiling like that at us?" Primrose asked Riley, looking at the brunette-haired girl weirdly. Primrose sat next to Maya and Riley on Riley's bay window and Riley was smiling widely at them.

"I need to ask you two for permission for something." Riley responded.

Maya chuckles lightly, shrugging her shoulders. "Whatever you want." She told her while Primrose pointed at her in a sign of agreement.

"Aw, ever since the three of us were little kids," While smiling, Riley looks at Maya. "You would always say 'Whatever you want'," Riley then turns to Primrose, her smile never leaving her face. "And you would always agree even before you guys knew what it was."

"You got a good thing going here, kid." Maya nodded.

"You better not blow it." Primrose spoke to Riley in a stern tone, pointing at the brunette girl beside her.

"Maya, Primrose," Riley tilts her head to the side. "You two don't know what you're getting yourselves into." She smiles. "Remember when I first asked you guys if you wanted to be friends?"

"Did I take it on?" Maya raises her eyebrows. "Am I still here?"

"You can't just say yes this time." Riley purses her lips together, shaking her head. "This one's different."

Maya still nods her head and repeats, "Whatever you want."

"I want to completely redo-"

"Your hair." Maya interrupted Riley, thinking that's what she's going to say.

Riley laughs nervously. "You want me to change my hair?"

Maya shrugs. "I think you could try something once."

"Riles, you look fine." Primrose reassured Riley, smiling when the brunette-haired girl looks at her with a smile.

"Thank you, Rosie." Riley tells her. She looks back at Maya. "I don't want to change my hair."

Maya points at her straight brunette hair. "I gotta look at that everyday."

"You change your hair." Riley suggested to her.

"Stop being ridiculous!" Maya exclaimed, looking at Riley with furrowed eyebrows.

"I want to completely redo-"

"The way you dress." Maya interrupted Riley again. 

Riley tilts her head to the side, furrowing her eyebrows. "You don't like me at all, do you?"

"You and Rosie are my favorite people in the world. I wouldn't change a thing about either of you." Maya responded and Primrose glanced at her with a smile.

Riley takes a deep breath before continuing. "I want to tear down the bay window."

Primrose's eyes grow wide, looking at Riley with surprise. "Wait, really?" All of her life this bay window has been the same and she was so surprised that Riley actually wanted to change it now.