CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"GIRL MEETS THE REAL WORLD"

Today in history class was debate day and Farkle and Riley are debating against each other about the sun shining during the day

Today in history class was debate day and Farkle and Riley are debating against each other about the sun shining during the day. "'The sun shines during the day.'" Cory speaks to the class. He points at his daughter who stood behind the right podium at the front of the class. "Ms. Matthews will be arguing the affirmative."

"Good morning, everybody." Riley smiles. "You know why people say that in the morning?" She hits the top of the podium with her hands before going over to the window and opening the curtain which lets the sunlight into the room. She gestures to the sunlight. "Poom!"

She went to stand behind the podium while bowing. "Nailed it."

Maya shrugs with a smile on her face. "How could you possibly lose?"

Primrose points at Farkle. "'Cause of him."

"First of all," Farkle begins. "Let's understand that day and night are merely words invented by human beings to communicate simple conceptual constructs apropos of nothing."

Primrose couldn't help the grin that formed on her face while shaking her head. "I ain't got a clue of what you just said, but you were hot while you said it." She didn't mean to blurt it out, it just happened, and she couldn't stop herself from saying what she said. She felt herself blush with embarrassment when all eyes were turn on her.

Farkle looks at her with a bit of surprise along with everyone else, but then he smirks at her and leans an arm on the podium. "Oh, so I'm hot all the time then?"

Primrose felt her face heat up but she nods and rolls her eyes. "Well, duh."

Farkle's heart beat skipped a beat when she said that and Primrose swore she saw a light shade of blush form on his face as he turned to face the class again with a smile. "Anyway, science tells us that the sun is always shining,"

While he speaks Riley made silly faces and seemed to be mocking Farkle. "And what appears to be day and night is merely our angle of proximity at a particular time to the Earth's revolution."

Farkle looks at Cory. "And, for extra credit there's no such thing as time."

Riley does a time out sign with her hands. "Time!"

Farkle looks back at the class. "Therefore, our debate topic is false. The sun does not just shine during the day, it also shines during the night," Riley laughs in disbelief when he said that. "Just not on us."

Riley looks at the class with a smile. "I win."

"How do you win?" Cory asked her.

"Because I have high hopes." Riley replies. "Because when you believe passionately-"