Chapter 14

Bucky watched Emma as she slept in his arms, knowing that this would probably be the last time she did. He saw the looks between her and Steve. He knew she chose Steve, and it hurt. But he promised her he would be okay with whatever decision she made. He brushed hair out of her face, trying to memorize the moment with her. He traced her face softly with his fingers, down to her neck and shoulder. He felt her start to wake as she opened her green eyes, looking up at him and smiling.

"Buck. We should talk."

"We really don't doll." He rolled over, pinning her underneath him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Just shh for a bit, okay?"

She just nodded as she watch a tear roll down his cheek as he brought his lips to hers, softly kissing her. He pulled on her shirt as she helped him remove it. They didn't talk as he slowly made love to her, both of them trying to remember each other's bodies. How they felt, how they smelled. She had never felt him be so gentle with her before. She moaned quietly as they melted into each other, making it last as long as they could.

When they finished they laid next to each other silently for a while. Emma sat up as she started crying, "Bucky, I'm sorry."

He sat up, wrapping her in his arms, "don't be doll. I told you I would be okay with whoever you chose. I love you. I always will."

When she stopped crying, she stood up, putting her clothes back on. She couldn't bring herself to leave him. He stood up, "it's okay doll, go. Just save me a dance later okay?" He tucked some hair behind her ear. "Go. Please."

Emma just nodded and left Bucky alone in his room. She found Steve still asleep in her bed. He must have come into her room to wait for her, knowing she would be upset. He woke up when he heard the door shut, making him sit up, "Eir, love. You okay?" She just shook her head as the tears flooded her face and she sat with him as he wrapped his arms around her, letting her cry.

When she finally stopped, she stood up. "Can I have some time alone?"

Steve stood up, "of course. I'll see you later for the party?"

"Yes. Of course." She went to the closet and pulled out two dresses, a black one and a red one. "Which one?

He looked at both dresses and back to her, "the red one love. I'll see you later." He kissed her on the nose before leaving her alone in her room.

**************************************

Emma avoided everybody all day as she stayed in her room until it was time for the party. She put on her red dress that fell just to her knees with the top just off the shoulders. She was nervous for the first time since she got there. She would have to face everyone, making it obvious she was choosing Steve. She wasn't sure if she could face the pain in Bucky's eyes again. She let out a long sigh and walked down to the party where she found Steve waiting for her.
"You look beautiful Princess. Come on." He held out his arm for her to take as he opened the door for them to enter.

She saw her brothers smirking at her and whispering in the corner. She led Steve to them, letting go of his arm. She held out her hand as Thor laughed handing her the flask he knew she wanted. "So? Who won?"

Thor and Loki looked at each other as Loki laughed. "I did Princess. I knew right away it would be Steve."

Steve and Emma laughed as they left her brothers in the corner. She took the flask, taking a drink and handing it to Steve as she made her way to Bucky. She tapped him on the shoulder, "I believe you requested a dance?"

He turned around and smiled, but she could still see the hurt in his eyes that he was trying to hide. "I did doll. Come on." She took his hand as he led her to the dance floor. She placed both hands around his neck as he grabbed her waist. He kept some distance between them as they danced. "You look beautiful doll."

She looked up at him, his steel blue eyes staring intensely into hers. "I'm sorry Buck. I wish I could keep you both. But that wouldn't be fair to either of you."

He brought his flesh hand to her face, stroking her cheek, "I know doll. It's okay. Really." He bent down and kissed her softly on the lips before leaving her alone on the dance floor.

As she started to walk off she felt someone grab her arm gently, she turned around to find Johnny. "My turn?" She smiled at him and nodded. He grabbed her hand, placing the other on the small of her back. She placed her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I wasn't nicer to you Johnny. I know it must be difficult to be out of your own timeline, away from your friends and family. I'm sorry."

He just shook his head, "don't worry about it gorgeous. I know I can be a handful sometimes. Too bad you never got to find that out." He winked at her as she laughed.

"Oh, I know your body from head to toe. Don't you worry." She looked over at Steve and blushed.

"Fair enough." Johnny bent down and kissed her on the cheek, causing her face to warm. "I'll miss you."

He walked away as she feels the familiar hand find her back as Steve pulls her to him. "Steve."

"Eir." He stroked her cheek, grabbing her chin and pulling her lips gently to his. Her tongue parted his lips as she teased his. She pulled away realizing she never kissed him or Bucky out in front of everyone.

"It's fine, love."

She giggled as he brought his lips back to hers, this time more wanting. She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the party to the nearest room which was the locker room. She removed her underwear quickly as she undid his pants, letting them fall to the floor. He rested her on a sink as he entered her fervently making her moan a little too loudly. He laughed in her ear, "good thing there's a party going on. I want you. I love you." He moaned as they continued, her pulling his lips to hers, her tongue dancing with his as they both finished together. She finds her underwear and puts them back on as she watches Steve put his own pants back on. "I love you too Steve. And I want to stay here on Midgard with you."

Steve wrapped his arms around her, looking down at her. "Thor said you would essentially become mortal if you stayed here. Is that really what you want?"

"It is what I want. I want to stay here with you." She put her arms around his neck, "and have little Asgardian Super Soldier babies."

He laughed, "I want that too."