Chapter 13

Emma decided to keep her relationships with Steve and Bucky separate over the few weeks. She split the time between them, alternating sleeping with them every night. But she didn't grow any closer to a choice. She spent a lot of time with Wanda, strengthening her power so it would use less energy. She was almost relieved when both Bucky and Steve left for a mission together that she wasn't needed for. She sat on the roof worrying about the both of them when Johnny landed next to her. "Fuck! Are you leaving anytime soon?" She looked at Johnny who looked hurt. She knew it wasn't all his fault. It must have been difficult to be thrown into a timeline that wasn't his. "I'm sorry Johnny."

He put on his fake smile, "it's fine. Don't worry about it. And yes, I'm leaving soon."

Emma stood up, wrapping Johnny in a hug. "I'm sorry I've been so harsh. A lot going on in my head at the moment. I will miss you."

"In love with two men? They're both lucky. I wish I could be on the receiving end of your love." He kicked his foot and hung his head down.

"You will Johnny. You will."

"Will you save me a dance? At the party tomorrow before I leave?"

"Of course Johnny. I would love to. Just don't set me on fire, or ruin my dress." She hit him on the shoulder, making him look at her as he started to laugh.

"I won't. I promise."

Emma turned around as she heard the jet land, signifying Steve, Sam, Bucky and Nat were back. She rushed down to the hangar to see Bucky carrying the seemingly lifeless body of Steve. She ran to Bucky, but he wouldn't look at her. "Steve? Is he okay?" Nobody would answer her as she followed them to the lab.

She watched as Bucky laid him on a free bed, turning back to her. He grabbed her by the shoulders. "There was a bomb, he got hit with the majority of the force. He's alive, but only barely."

"I can save him. Move!" She tried to push Bucky out of the way but he wouldn't let go of her.

"You could kill yourself doing it." He had tears in his eyes at the thought of losing them both, his best friend and the only woman he ever loved.

"I don't care Bucky!" She used her power to send him back. She climbed on the table on Steve, putting up a shield so they couldn't stop her. She removed his helmet, kissing him softly on the cheek. She placed her hands on his chest, trying to heal him. "Please Steve. I choose you. Just live, please." She laid her body on his, her head on his chest as she listened to his faint heart beat. She used all the energy she could muster into his body as she heard his beat become stronger before she passed out.

Bucky grabbed Emma from Steve's body and laid her in the bed next to him, looking over her as Thor entered the lab. "What is going on? I came to check in on my sister." He stood over his sister, running his fingers through her hair as Bucky took a step back.

"She used her power to bring Steve back. Will she be okay?"

Thor nodded, "she'll be fine. She's much stronger than she thinks she is. She just needs some sleep." He looked up at Bucky as he saw Steve wake up, sitting up behind Bucky. "She'll maintain her powers, but I'm not sure if they'll be as strong the longer she stays here on Midgard. We don't really have a precedence for an Asgardian settling here with someone from Midgard. She also won't live as long here. She'll start to age with you." He motioned to them both, "whichever of you she chooses that is."

Bucky looked back at Steve, not realizing he had woken up. He looked back at Thor, "how did you know?"

Thor laughed, "my sister tells me everything. Loki and I have bets on who she chooses. When she wakes up, tell her I'll be back tomorrow for the party."

Steve stood up as he watched Thor leave. He stood over Emma, running his hand gently across her cheek, "Princess. Come back to me."

Bucky stood, watching Steve with her for a moment before leaving Steve alone with her in the lab. Steve walked to the locker room, taking a quick shower and changing into sweats before going back to the lab. He crawled into bed with Emma, wrapping his arms around her as he fell asleep.

************************************

Emma woke up with the familiar arms around her. She rolled over, placing her hand on Steve's face. She kissed him softly on the lips, causing him to stir. "Eir, my Princess."

"Steve. Are you okay?"

"I'm perfect." He grabbed her hand from his face, placing it on his side as he pulled her closer to him. He whispered quietly in her ear, "I heard you. When I was out. You said you choose me."

She moaned as she pulled him on top of her, "kiss me." He didn't say anything as he obliged her, his tongue gently parting her lips, kissing her softly before pulling back to look at her. "I haven't talked to Bucky yet Steve. So, don't say anything."

"I won't." He stood up, holding his hand out to her, "come on. Let's move to a proper bed."

She followed him to the corridor with the bedrooms. She stopped outside Steve's room, "I think I'm going to sleep in Bucky's room tonight if that's okay."

"Sure. I'll have you all to myself soon enough." He kissed her on the cheek and let go of her hand.

Emma let herself into Bucky's room without knocking, finding him on the floor. He sat up when he heard her shut the door. He watched her as she laid in his bed, patting beside her for him to lay with her. He laid down, offering her his chest as he wrapped his arm around her. She looked up at him, "Bucky, I..."

"Shh doll. I know, just sleep."