Chapter 4

After taking a long shower and trying to forget the kiss she just shared with Steve, she found Natasha, Wanda and Sharon in the living room watching a movie. "Natasha, Wanda, want to go shopping with me? I need some more human clothes and some dresses if Tony is going to constantly be throwing parties." She tried to ignore the dirty look from Sharon but finally rolled her eyes, letting out a long sigh. "Sharon, do you want to come too?"

Sharon jumped up, "I do! Let me just go tell Steve I'm leaving."

Emma looked at Natasha and Wanda as Sharon left. "It's not just me right? She's not like-able?"

Natasha and Wanda laughed. Natasha put her hand on Emma's shoulder, "it isn't just you."

"Good."

Surprisingly, Emma actually had an okay time shopping with Sharon, Natasha and Wanda. Though she watched Sharon flirt with anyone with a dick, making her uncomfortable knowing Sharon would never be good enough for Steve. After she returned to the compound she changed into her running clothes. Even though it was late at night, she couldn't sleep thinking about Sharon with Steve.

This time on the track she found Bucky running. "Hey doll, can't sleep?"

"No. You?"

He smiled softly at her, "I never sleep. Too many nightmares."

She placed her hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry Buck. Wanna race?"

Bucky laughed, "no no. I've been warned of you. And besides I have nothing to bet you with."

She bit her lip, stepping close to him, feeling his breath on her skin, "no? I can't entice you? I bet I could."

Bucky smirked at her, brushing some hair out of her eyes, "you think so? Go on then."

She leaned her mouth close to his, not quite touching his lips. "Race me and find out." She laughed as she started to run away from him slowly. She let him catch up to her, even letting him pass her before finishing the race before him. She stood back at the starting point. "Man, you super soldiers are faster than you look. I need to run more."

Bucky laughed, "yeah? You still beat the both of us."

"Sure. But it is harder than I thought it would be."

He stepped close to her again. "So, you won. What do you want?"

She teased him again, her lips not quite touching his. "I want a dance at the party in a few days." She started to walk away but he grabbed her hand, placing his metal hand softly on the back of her neck. He pressed his lips firmly against hers, his tongue finding hers before pulling away. "Don't tease me again doll, or you'll regret it. And a dance sounds good." He walked away, leaving her unable to catch her breath. "Night doll."

She stood on the track, dumbfounded, thinking that she had finally met her match. He wouldn't be as easy as Steve. He let her know he would actually play the game with her. This excited her, the thought of having the attention of two super soldiers.

**************************

Steve had been avoiding her in the morning for her runs, leaving her disappointed. She went out at the same time on the morning of the party, happy to find him out there. "Steve."

She smiled at him as he stopped in front of her. "Good morning Emma."

"I've missed you out here in the mornings." She took a step towards him, expecting him to back up, but he didn't. "Up the ante?"

"You come out here all fresh, after I've already been running for a while. That's not fair." He smiled down at her, his eyes more blue in the sunlight.

Emma laughed, placing her hand on his chest, "well, I can give you a head start if you like."

"Fine. And upping the ante meaning what?" He stepped into her hand, rather than brushing it away.

She ran her hand down his chest and stomach before dropping it to her side, "well, besides breakfast. How about a dance tonight?"

He ran his fingers across her cheek, "I'd love a dance. And I'm happy to make you breakfast. Count to ten." She laughed as he ran ahead of her as she waited until after she counted to ten. She still managed to beat him, making it back to the starting line before him. "Bacon or sausage?" He smiled at her as they made their way to the kitchen. He opened the door for her to enter ahead of him.

She turned around, walking backwards, "I think I'll have sausage." She winked at him as she grabbed a mug, pouring herself coffee. She sat at the table, watching him like she did the first morning. "Where you been all week? I've missed you making me breakfast."

"I couldn't get away."

"From your girlfriend? And where is she now?" Emma looked down at her coffee feeling jealous of Sharon sleeping in Steve's bed.

He set food in front of her, sitting across from her again. "She's out of town for a mission."

Emma sat up, looking at Steve. She ran her foot over his calf, "so she won't be at the party tonight?"

She felt him move his leg closer to hers, placing a foot gently on hers, "she won't, no."

"So you'll dance with me?" She bit her lip, seeing him staring at them.

"I have to, don't I?"

She leaned back, watching him, "well, you don't have to."

"Okay, well I want to. How's that?" He moved his feet away from her as they heard someone come down the hallway.

They both laugh when they see Loki enter, groaning, "oi, not you two again."

Emma stands up, leaning down to Steve's ear, "you do the dishes. And I'll wear blue, your favorite color."

Steve looks up at her, wondering how she knew what his favorite color was. "Fine." He grabbed her hand before she could walk away making her look at him, "I look forward to dancing with you." She winked at him before walking away.

She met Sam and Bucky in the hallway. "Hello boys." She wiped her arm down Bucky's as she passed them, "Buck."