Chapter 47

•Nolani•

Dario, Marcello, and Nico are flying to France with Giovanni, Rome and I in the jet. My stomach is already churning with nerves and we've only been in the air for ten minutes. Giovanni's talking with the guys so I take Rome to the bedroom and lie with him on the bed.

"Your first trip on Papà's jet, sweet boy." I coo at him.

He stares up at me with big dark eyes that have started to lighten, his fist in his mouth as he chews on it. I see my whole world in those eyes of his. The bedroom door opens and Giovanni slips in, closing it behind him before stretching out on the bed on the other side of Rome. He splays his hand across Romes belly and his lips tilt up into a smile that has my heart fluttering as Rome turns his attention to his father.

I stare at them, my heart so full and I wonder how I ended up here. Fear and panic keeping me away from fully embracing what this man keeps offering me. This is all I've ever wanted and here I am keeping it at arms length.

Giovanni's eyes meet mine and I know he sees the war going on in my head right now, he doesn't comment on it though. He leans over Rome and presses his lips against mine in a kiss that's so simple it shouldn't have me feeling lightheaded as he pulls back but it does.

"Take a nap, I'll wake you before we land." He says in that demanding tone of his.

"Yes, Daddy." I retort playfully.

He grips the hair at the base of my neck and my mouth falls open as he brings his mouth to my ear and whispers, "I better hear that again later when you're naked and kneeling at my feet." His eyes burn me under their amber flame as he leaves the room.

Rome let's out a big yawn bringing my attention back to him. I snuggle up to him and sigh wistfully, "Your Papà is too much to handle sometimes."

I pat Romes butt until he falls asleep and I let out my own yawn. I don't normally sleep with Rome, it's something I haven't been able to get myself to do but I feel my eyelids drooping as I bury my nose in his hair and decided a few minutes won't hurt.

To my surprise I awake hours later to the sound of Giovanni's voice. "We have to buckle up. Svegliati, micetta."

Wake up never sounded so good.

I hum in delight at his deep voice speaking Italian. "Say more." I demand, my eyes still closed.

I hear him chuckle but then I feel his breath at my ear and the heat of his chest close to my back. "Sei la cosa più bella che mi sia mai capitata. Voglio passare il resto della mia vita con te. Resta con me per sempre."

(You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Stay with me forever.)

My eyes pop open. I don't catch every word but even if I didn't understand most of what he said I would've felt the weight of each word pressing against my heart, demanding entrance. I turn over quickly before he can react, grab him by his tie and pull him to my mouth. He lets out a deep grumble of satisfaction as I devour his lips until we're both panting and have to break the kiss to catch our breath.

He grips my chin, staring deep into my eyes and I can feel it coming just before he opens his mouth. "I love you. I'm fucking in love with you and you're going to listen to it and hear it even if you can't say it back." He demands. I remain silent, my eyes wide and my chest rising and falling rapidly. "I love you and you won't admit it but I know you love me too."