baby bump

*five months later*
Jai's POV-

Blake is six months pregnant, and she's healthy.

we're expecting the unexpected.. twin boys.
Blake told her aunt and uncle, and they soon bought us a car, and renovated the basement into an apartment with three bedrooms.

my parents took it badly, I haven't talked with them in over six months.

they said they wanted no part of my huge mistake.

Devon is actually completely stoked for these fucking babies, he's always hyper to see Blake's belly.

as for me and Blake, we now live together in the basement apartment, and have the nursery set up.

the room closest to our room is the nursery. the other is a spare until they grown older and need their own space.

the nursery is a neon purple painted room, with two cribs against the far wall opposite from the door way. the cribs are white painted wood, with little skateboards on the sheets. they each also have one small tie die pillow that Devon bought them.

there is a white change table with a green sheet on it, on the right side of the room. on the left, there is a white dresser with a baby blue lamp on it, and a stack of books. there are two white rocking chairs on either side of the door in the corners, each with a red blanket folded on the back rest.

our room has two baby blue bassinets at the end of our tall queen sized bed.

and life's pretty good.

••

"Jai?" I hear Blake call as she enters in the front door.

"hey" I smile widely, hugging her tightly and pecking her lips.

"how was your day?" she asks, plopping down on the sofa.

"good, yours?" I smile as I sit down with her.

"good, I went to see Devon for a few hours, then we went shopping for dinner tonight and I invited Dev over." she says, curling into my side as I wrap my arm around her.

most of my days are spent with studying online, and trying to finish school.

"great, I miss him" I say, turning the tv on.

I haven't seen Dev in a week, so I miss his annoying self.

Blake's POV-

"Devon is the hooouse" Dev calls, walking through the door.

"hey Devy" I smile, hugging him tight.

"how's the baby?" he asks, like he hasn't seen me in ages.

"good Devon, same as three hours ago" I laugh, walking back over to the kitchen.

"sorry I'm concerned" he huffed, sitting down on the couch.

"well well, I never knew devy had that many feelings for unborn babies that's all" I smirk, taking the chicken nuggets out of the oven.

yes, I only make boxed food and things that have instructions.. no judging!

he laughs, walking over to grab a piece of chicken from the pan. he pops one in his mouth, just as Jai comes in the room from the shower.

"hey Dev, I missed you little shit" he says, man hugging with him (kinda cute kinda wtf, my opinion ish)

"I know bro, we need to chill more we used to live together man" Devon says, reaching for more chicken.

I slap his hand hard,
"ow-"

"get a plate now!" I interrupt his ow, getting myself a small glass plate.

the boys fill a big plate each of chicken and fries, and I take a small plate. I wasn't hungry, at all really.

it was weird because I usually ate three times as much as Jai or Devon. I was kinda worried, and so were the boys apparently.

"why did you barely take any?" Devon asks, chewing down on a mouth full of food.

"yeah babe, you usually eat like a pig-" I glare at him

"in a sexy way" he finishes. Devon pretends to choke, and I throw a chicken nugget at his brainless skull.

" I'm not hungry" I shrug, as the table quiets down again.

"baby? are you okay?" JAI says, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"do you want some water?" Devon asks, getting up from his chair.

I nod and smile slightly, as he lets the tap run to get cold.

"HOLLY SHIT" I yell, feeling a spark of pain seize through my body.
it felt like someone ran me over with a fucking dump truck, cracking my spine.
I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed.

"babe? talk to me!?" jai panics, as I hear Devon drop the glass to the floor and run to me.

"I- i... I can't.. mo- move" I say in agony, trying my best to keep breathing.

everything
hurt.

Jai lifts me bridal style into our bedroom, and Devon scurries to get another cup of water.

Jai's POV-

I had no idea what to do, I was so scared for her. what was happening?!

she's in bed now, she calmed down and has been fine for an hour.

Devon sat with her for a bit, before he had to go home.
now, I was getting into bed and trying to sleep.

"baby?" Blake says quietly, from a ball in the blankets.

"hey babe. you okay?" I say, getting i bed beside her.

"I'm scared, it hurt so fucking bad" she whines, turning into her back kicking her blankets off.

her belly bumps off of her, and I smile slightly at it.

I pull her shirt up to show her skin, and put my hand on her belly, rubbing it soothingly.

"what if something's wrong with the babies?" she says, grabbing my hand off of her and holding it tight.

"get some sleep, we'll see for sure in the morning okay?" I say, wrapping my arms around her and closing my eyes.

she nods lightly, before falling asleep too.

Blake's POV-

I wake up around 5:00am to my body seizing in pain again.

I groan in agony, waking Jai up beside me.

"Jai!" I whine, breathing heavy through the horrifying pain.

"yeah baby? what do you need? oh my god I love you" he rambles worriedly.

"I need a fucking doctor" I say, looking him dead in the eyes.