Her

Just as the lighting faded Sabre was gone. Victor's body laid on the ground. Dead. At least I can see that he was dead. Sabre was nowhere to be found. The guard lets go of me in shock. I run up to where Sabre was moments ago.

"Elan?" I asked in silence. I got nothing. No answer. No response. The witch slowly gets up. She walked over to me. She puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, he will be okay." Her voice changed completely. Instead of a raspy old voice it is gentle and clear. I looked over at her to see she had changed completely. Her old wrinkled body is now smooth and clean. Her black wireliek hair turned blonde and went down to waist. Her eyes gleamed a vibrant blue. Her rags have changed into a long beautiful light blue gown.

"Witch?" I asked, stepping back from her. The guard in the room seems to wake up from a daze as they quickly bow down to the former Witch.

"You can call me Wei." She says, looking at the guard.

"What are your orders ma'am?" The guard asked.

"Get rid of this body and tell the people I have returned." The guard takes Victor's body and then runs out of the throne room.

"You're the queen?"

"Yes, I have a lot to explain but we can wait for your friend Francis and my brothers." Just on time we saw Francis, Taylor and Elijah come into the room. Francis stopped in his tracks and bowed respectfully. Taylor and Elijah didn't stop until they were able to hug their oldest sister. While the three spoke to each other with joy I went over to Francis.

"Did you see Ryan and Lucas?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No I didn't. I think they left again like they usually do. Where is Sabre?"

"I'm not sure... there was some lighting and he was gone and Victor was dead."

"Do you think he died?" I flinched a bit. I know this is the most likely answer. Since his friends left and Sabre was now gone. I just would rather not think about it.

"No... I hope not." I mumbled to him. He puts a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I managed to smile a bit.

"Francis, Ivy." We looked over to Wei. She stopped hugging her brothers and her brothers stood to the side of her.

"Thank you. Without your help I still would have been cursed."

"Is that why you were a witch?" Francis asked.

"Yes, when I fought against Victor he took the crown by curing me to be a witch. His curse would only be removed once he was killed. Now I am back. He also cursed this entire kingdom, wiping their memory of me and my brothers as the rulers of this land. That curse was also lifted once he died." She explained.

"You were the only one who knew the curse Because it was a curse on you! Was that what you were speaking about earlier?" I asked remember what she said hours before this came down.

"Yes I was. I was also the one who sent for the hero to come here."

"And that Hero was Sabre?" Francis said, putting the pieces together in his head.

"Yes. He appeared a while after Victor's rule. All he needed to do was come into the world. I never did. He wouldn't be allowed to leave until he killed Victor." She is the reason that Sabre couldn't come home, but that doesn't explain how she got someone from an entirely different world into this one.

"But how. Isn't he from a different world?" I asked her.

"He just had to get here. Using whatever they use in his world. I didn't think he would be as weak as he was though. If I knew that beforehand I would have been more prepared to help him."

"It all worked out in the end for the most part right?"

"Yes, yes it did Francis. I know you were a big help to Sabre. I can't thank you enough. Without you I don't think fate would have ended well for me or this kingdom." She bowed down respectfully.

"I really just came to the right time and place. No big deal." I didn't want to be put into the spotlight all the sudden. It was both me and Sabre who managed to save this kingdom. Not just one of us alone.

"Alright then, but until your friend returns you can stay here in the castle."

"How do you know Sabre is going to come back?" I asked her.

"Well, I know he died, but death isn't the same in this world as it is for ours. Ow excuse me I need to see my people. Elijah, Taylor please help all the other guards calm down and start repairs on the castle." The brothers nod and quickly pass us. Going to get the guards who may still be in a panic. Wei comes up to me and hugs me.

"Thank you. I will repay you and your friend as much as I can when they return." She tells me.

"You don't have to do anything, Wei." I try to convince her.

"Then consider it a gift instead." She leaves the throne room leaving me and Francis alone.

"So, what memories do you have back? Since the curse was gone?" I asked Fracnis.

"I was her private body guard apparently. I was a really good fighter, but the curse affected my skills as a fighter. Now I remember how to hold a sword and use a bow now." He laughed nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"At least I know you can protect yourself now..." I looked back once again at where Sabre just stood. I hope he comes back soon. If he comes back at all.

"It is getting late. We should get some rest and we can look for everyone else in the morning." He started to leave the throne room and I followed. He led me through the castle probably knowing it better now than he did before. He opened the door.

"This is the closest guest room near the throne room. You can take this one. My room in a few doors over." He tells me.

"Thank you Francis. Goodnight I guess?" I questioned.

"Yeah... goodnight." He starts to head further down the hallway as I go inside the room. It was a large plainly decorated guest room. Special by its size and the expensive furniture, but so specific theme or color. I looked around unsure of what to do. I felt tired, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with Sabre. I just can't do anything to help him now.

I put my stuff in a chest having my bow next to the bed in case of anything. I took off my cloak and then laid on my back on the soft bed. I glanced at the ceiling thinking about everything that has happened. It happened so fast and suddenly it feels a little bit like a dream. I just hope Sabre comes back and I can see that he is okay. I hope he isn't hurt or dead like what I saw. I can't even help but wonder if maybe he would want to come back if he really was able to go back to his world. His home.

With none of my questions having anyform of answers rather than my mind racing over all the possibilities of my friends fate I couldn't sleep. No I wouldn't sleep until I can see Sabre again and hug him so tightly that he will never leave again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1298) I just have one thing to say. I was trying to hint to this the entire time that the Queen was the witch and no one got that- oh well good plot twist for you guys