Paths

Sabre

I told Ivy the plan. About going to the volcano to destroy the staff. She agreed knowing it was the only thing we could do. We spent most of the day planning what to do. We already have everything needed for the journey. Eliza asked if we needed any extra supplies, but we told her it would be alright. Timmy was sad that I was leaving, but I told him we would be back in a week or two.

Alexander came home around the evening and we told him our plan. He was happy for us and even gave us a map and a compass so we could travel to the volcano and back in case we lose our way. I was grateful for that.

After we had dinner with their family, me and Ivy slept until nightfall so we could have as much energy as we could get before we started our journey to the volcano. I woke up to Ivy shaking me gently.

"It's time for us to go," Ivy said to me once she realized I was awake. I sat up and stretched my back.

"Alright. Is everyone else asleep?" She asks me and gathers herself for the coming journey.

"Yes. Alexander had a rough day since we both escaped from the prison. Thankfully there is no suspicion on him." He has been nothing, but kind to both of us.

"That's good. I hope they stay safe." I stand up and Ivy nods in agreement. I go to the window and look outside to see no guards and no townspeople. "It looks like we are good. Let's go." I slowly open the door to make as little noise as possible. I take one more look around and then leave the house. Ivy followed my lead and closed the door quietly behind us. I'm surprised she was letting me take the lead since usually, it doesn't end well.

"Do you want to take the lead?" I whispered to Ivy. She nods and goes ahead of me and I start following her. I kept looking around. The clouds still hung over the sky and the air smelled of rain. The wind was howling and made the air colder than it should have been.

While walking around I saw the poster one of the guards put up this morning. It was a wanted poster for me and Ivy. The pictures of us are poorly drawn and it didn't look too much like us. There was a reward for a stack of gold and Iron. Dead or alive, there was an extra reward of 10 diamonds if we were dead.

I went back to following Ivy as we started to make our way out of the town and into the nearby forest. So far we are doing good. We were almost out of the town when I felt something land on my face. I jumped a little from the surprise and felt what it was. Water. I soon started to feel more droplets of water fall on my face and clothes. It was starting to rain. I looked at Ivy who noticed it too. The rain quickly got more heavy and we picked up our pace. If we get into the forest we will be a little more dry than out here on the streets.

"Hey!" We both turned our heads to see an old man pointing at us and we froze. Someone saw us. "You're the people who are going to make me rich." He starts walking towards us.

"Ivy run!" I yell at her and she starts running. I quickly follow her.

"Hey! Guards! Get them!" and now the guards know we are here. Me and Ivy kept running as we started to hear footsteps behind us. Those are probably the guards after us.

I heard something whoosh by me as I ran. An arrow. Ivy was right next to me and saw the arrow too. I felt myself start to panic and I focused on relaxing. The last thing I needed was to glitch out while we were running. Arrows were flying everywhere as we got into the trees. Thankfully none of them hit us from what I could tell.

I noticed that Ivy was starting to fall behind so I took her hand so we could keep up our fast pace. After a while the footsteps behind us were gone. The forest was very dense so the rain didn't fall as heavily in here even though we were already soaking wet from the rain before.