🏵️Chapter 22🏵️: A drunk husband returns home.

Start from the beginning

"What did he say?" I asked her, more curious to know why he was calling my phone.

"He said Master would be coming home late today". She replied, her hands still trembling.

I looked at her from head to toe  as she was still trembling.

"So why are you trembling?" I asked her.

"Nothing, your highness. I just got a little scared". She replied.

"You're lying, Mary".

"Your highness" she said in a pained voice like I didn't trust her. But the fact is every point pertaining to her was questionable.

Speaking of questionable points, I asked her,

"What did you put in my tea?" I asked her.

"Sleeping pills, your highness".

"Why?"

"You've been mentally, emotionally and physically stressed. If I had told you to rest, you wouldn't listen to me, that's why I took the initiative". She replied me.

"And the fact that you tiptoed across the room?"

"I didn't want to disturb your highness sleep. I honestly didn't know you were awake".

"So what about this broken pieces on the floor?"

" I honestly didn't know anything about the pieces, your highness. I'd have cleared it away if I knew". She replied.

  "Mary, it's been long since I scolded you. I believe that you're old enough to know what should be done and what shouldn't be done. You've been with me since I could remember and so these things shouldn't be a problem. Don't you know you're too matured to be scolded?!... I shouldn't tell you before you check round for things that can harm me and clear it away. I woke up, and in the bid to go open the windows for myself, stepped on these pieces". I complained even though I wasn't done yet, she bent down to look at my bleeding feet.

"Let me help you patch this up, your highness"

"NEVERMIND!" I yelled angrily, kicking her away from my feet.

  "Pack these pieces away from here and leave my sight" I ordered, before I did something to her out of anger.

"I'm sorry, your highness. Do forgive me". She apologized but I didn't reply her. I wasn't in the mood at all to even talk to her.

  I watched as she packed the pieces with her hands and left the room. It wasn't so long she left that Ciara entered.

She entered with a tray in one of her hands, using the other hand to put on the light of the chandelier so that it could illuminate the room.

In shock, she stepped back when she saw me.

"What?! Do I look like a ghost?!" I asked her angrily. I was already irritated.

   "Your highness! Your feet!" Ciara said in shock. Her dark brown eyes were in horror as she dropped the tray on the floor and ran over to my side.

"Why is it bleeding?" She asked me, her hands to her mouth.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask the feet?" I replied irritatedly.

She held my bleeding feet and took an handkie which she had kept in her bosom, squatting and keeping my two feet on her laps.

  She cleaned my feet with her handkie until it was over soaked with blood.

  "Does it hurt you, princess?" She asked me.