A 400 Million Dollar Mission

Rowan hummed as she entered the chateau porch. The plan when it got dark was to search The Crain house with the proper tools and equipment. And most definitely Mitch to Kiara's refusal, John B had invited Sarah Cameron to join their little adventure. She knew it was going to be hard to convince them to work together. But things needed to get done with or without them. But apparently John B had a plan.

And that's what Rowan was doing. Going over to his place to hear it. When she entered the house, Pope and JJ were already in the kitchen.

"So, what's the stitch?" She asked, grabbing the cereal box from JJ, who sent her an offended look as she did so. However, she just ginned and shoved a band full of stale cereal into her mouth.

"Parent trap." Pope deadpanned. Rowan raised a brow. Forcing them together...is that all they could come up with? Rowan couldn't help but let out a long laugh, only until she realized he was serious. "He's not kidding?" She asked, looking between John b and Pope. JJ reached over towards her and snatched the box back. She let him.

"It's the only thing we can think of. Who knows, maybe it'll work. I'm not choosing." John B said, shaking his head. Rowan smiled. She loved he cared, but this was a shot in the dark.

"Say this works," Rowan said, going over to the coffee machine on the counter. She grabbed the tin with ground coffee and filled the compartment and filled it with water, and soon enough, the château smelt like her favourite thing.

"Then what?"  She asked, looking between the three boys.

"We work together to get the gold....?" John B said, handing her her designated mug.

"Okay." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"You think it'll work?" JJ asked

"If they don't kill each other first, sure."

"Okay. That's good enough for me. We'll get the  big boat and anchor it in the marsh. Pope will tell kie it's broken or something. We'll trap Sarah first."

"And then you'll dip as fast as possible? That's cruel." Rowan chuckled.

"It has to work." John B sighed. "Let's roll."

"I'll stay here, no way I'm getting trapped on there and witnessing murder."

"All right. We'll be back soon." John B said, giving her a quick kiss on the temple, she held the warm coffee mug closely to her chest. Maybe this was going to work. She sure hoped it it. Because even though after her and John B's trip with Sarah, they may have repaired their broken relationship but it was all up to her and Kie now.

——

  Rowan woke a few short hours later. The screen door screeched open and John B waltzed in humming to himself. Sitting up on the couch, Rowan sadly looked over to her cold coffee on the small side table. Forgotten due to sleep.
She turned to John B and watched as he walked to her and sat on the pulled out couch beside her. Letting out a tired sigh as he leaned back. His eyes closed. The sound stood quietly as it held just the two of them. 
She leaned back against the couch too. She was close enough that their shoulders brushed up against each other's.

The sounds of the house and the night live filled the comforting silence between the couple. It wasn't that late, the sun had just set but she was exhausted from their never ending wild goose chase.
She turned to John B who was already now looking at her.

"They were pissed." He whispered with a soft chuckle, and Rowan smiled, imagining the anger both Kie and Sarah probably felt watching the boys leave them stranded.