Broken Bonds

Rowan never felt fear like she had when watching the one single person she loved more than anything, almost fall to his potential death. She never wanted to feel like that again. Seeing John B fall...it shook her. It nearly broke her. The thought of him not being okay....she wanted to kill Topper. If he didn't run away like the coward he was, then she would've.

When Pope pulled her away from John B while the paramedics took him, she stopped her crying and watched silently as he was put in the ambulance. She almost went with him. But Pope held her back.
It took until he woke in the hospital for them to know if he was all right or not. Rowan rushed over there without a second thought. It was there that he told her Sarah's father managed to get DCS off his back by taking. Him under his wing and basically fostering him.

"You're going to be living with your ex girlfriend?" She asked him, while sitting beside his bed in the hospital. His arm already in a cast. He was able to leave soon. She can't help to think if he had fallen any other way, he wouldn't be here right now.

"Evidently, yeah." He replied. She was Skeptical, but she knew deep down that If Ward hadn't done what he had, he's be sent away from her.

"I don't like the thought...but if that's what it takes for you to stay in OBX, with me, then I'll deal."

"And that's why you're the best."

"Don't you forget it."Rowan smiled and leaned forward, connecting their lips together. Their kiss however, only lasted a while before the sound of someone clearing their throat broke them apart.

"Sorry to interrupt....you ready to get out of here, kid?" Ward Cameron stood beside his daughter. Looking between the two teens in front of them with a smile. Rowan saw right through his crap. She didn't trust any of the Cameron's. Not anymore. She looked over to Sarah, who looked just as worse as Rowan felt. Good. It was her boyfriend's fault they were in this mess to begin with.
The only plus is they got what they wanted and now they just had to discuss their next move.

"Uh, yes. Yeah." John B got off the bed and grabbed his bag that Rowan had brought for him.

"Miss Heyward, I know you and John B are together... so, I just want to to know you're welcome anytime with permission of course."

"Right. Understood." Rowan nodded and stood up from her seat. "See you later, I guess." She said, looking to John B. He nodded and then she left and headed for The Wreck.

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kie walked past John B as she grabbed a few drinks for the others that sat at a table far from the bar where John B stood. Rowan sat beside Pope, who looked at the map with concentration.

"Tannyhill." John B tentatively answered.

"Tannyhill? So, you're staying with Sarah Cameron? How does Rowan feel about this?" She asked, looking over to the girl.

"Rowan doesn't trust any of the Cameron's, but she truest her boyfriend."

"I thought we weren't allowed to speak in third person?" JJ asked

"You're not allowed. I can."

"JJ thinks that's not fair at all."

"Shush."

"Look, the only reason I'm only living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better that foster care, witch, by the way, is where I would be if Ward didn't—"

"Hey, JB, do you get like— a club membership now that your staying with them?" Pope asks

"I don't know, Pope." John B sighs annoyedly, sitting down at the table with them.