Drones

🌅

The group watched anxiously as Kiara handed them something from inside the grave hole. John B quickly took it from her and JJ helped her out of the hole. Rowan noticed the FedEx package in his hand and couldn't help but be a little underwhelmed.
"That's not gold." Pope said, in dissatisfaction and even a little bit of disappointment. Rowan rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Nice observation, Sherlock."

"Holy shit." John B breathed out. Looking down at the package Kie handed to him.  "This is from my dad." He said, looking towards his crew.

"Code red." The voice of JJ suddenly broke the silence as he turned in a fog of smoke. "Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" 
Immediately they took off in a sprint. Heading towards the tall fence, John B is quick to help her over as the others all follow.

"Hurry up!"she yelled towards the other, watching amusingly as Pope struggled to get over. His shorts leg got caught and she coil help but laugh.

"Guys, guys! I'm stuck!"

"Come on, Pope!" Said JJ, he took out the gun, "Pope, don't move okay!?" John B quickly pushed his hands out of the way as Kie went over to help Pope.

"Wait. Your gonna rip me! Your gonna rip me!" Slowly he came down, the sound of his shorts tearing off caused Rowan to laugh even harder.

"That's the best thing I've ever seen." She laughs.

"Nice! Come on,  Dude." JJ laughs along. They run towards the van quickly. "It's a little Tootsi Roll."

"That bread had mold on it like, two weeks ago. It's gone bad." Rowan said to JJ as he put peanut butter on the expired bread. She wrinkled her nose in discusst as he ignored her.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." He said, "plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"You're not even...you know what, enjoy your moldy bread." Rowan said, moving to sit beside John B.

"I will." JJ said, smiling to her as he took a bite, only to have him spit it out immediately. Rowan smiled.

"All right." Kie said, shaking her head. John B slowly opened the package and took what was inside out of it.

"Holy shit." John B breaths out. Looking at the map in front of him.

"Oh, X marks the spot." Pope pointed to the drawn X next to some coordinates.

"Longitude, latitude. Wait, there's somethin' else there." John B said, going into the package, he pulled out something else.

"What's that?" JJ asked

"It's a tape recorder, Einstein." Rowan rolls her eyes. John B presses play.

"Dear Bird." It starts.

"Who's Bird?"

"That's what my dad called me."

"I hate to say, "I told you so," but I told you so." And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either."