Motel or meth lab

( Continuing episode 1 )

————

Rowan sighed contentedly as the boat glided down the marsh. This was one of the reasons why she loved where she was. Being with her friends, not having a care in the world, was something most dreamed of having.
Not to mention being with the one she knew she maybe loved helped.

She couldn't help the soft blush that formed on her cheeks when he sent her secret glances only she noticed. She played it cool as the boat gained speed across the murky waters.

Rowan smiled as beers were passed around. She didn't mind the taste and was happy with how things were turning out. At the front of the boat, she sat beside Kie as JJ made his way over.

"Hey, Pope. Can you go a little faster?" He asks, standing on the edge, he turns to the driver and Pope speeds up. Rowan rolls her eyes but can't help but smile because she knows exactly what he's about to try.

"You've tried this like 6,000 times." John B said, shaking his head at his friend.

"I got this. It's gonna work! Rowan can't be the only one to be able to do this." JJ counters as he stands on the edge. On foot in front of the other, Rowan rolls her eyes again as he stumbles a bit but catches himself.

"Leave the stunts to the professionals, JJ." Rowan says, with beer in hand she stands up and stands beside JJ on the tip of the boat.  Rowan spreads her arms out as if she's a bird and embraces the wind blowing through her hair.

"Ugh! Your getting beer in my hair!" Kie calls out, sheltering herself from the liquor flying out of JJ's bottle.

"Oh, my god." Rowan hears Pope call out.

"All right, you two are done." John B says, shaking his head, but a smile on his face.

"Aw, come on JB, just a little—" Rowan's words were cut off by the boat suddenly coming to an abrupt stop—sending her and JJ flying into the water.

"Jesus, Pope!" Kie called out, standing up to look out for JJ and Rowan. The girl resurfaced, with water in her lungs, she coughed and tried to catch her breath.

"Row, JJ, you good?" John B called out.

"I think heels touched the back of my head." JJ groaned.

"Row?" Pope asked, concern laced his tone as he looked over his sister.

"I'm going to kill you for almost killing me." Rowan said, pointing her finger at her brother. "Pope, what did you do?" Closing her eyes, she ignored the slight headache that was now starting to form.

"Wasn't me. Sandbar. The channel changed." Pope says.

"No shit." JJ says.

"What he said." Rowan groans, slowly swimming back towards the boat.

"Ugh, this is probably gonna mess up this whole place up."

"Hey, I saved the beer, though." JJ says, holding his beer up

"Congrats, JJ." Rowan said, rolling her eyes.

"Guys...." The voice of Pope breaks the chatter. Rowan turns to her brother and raised a brow.

"What?" Rowan asks

"I think there's a boat down there." He says, causing everyone to turn to him.

John B turned to his friend, "Shut up. What?"

"No way." Kie says.

"No, no, guys. I'm serious." He says, shaking his head. "There's a boat down there."