You and I

Rowan and John B had kissed again

Rowan and John B had kissed again. It was just as magical as the first time. They weren't planning on it, but the moment was too good to pass up.
There had been plenty of moments each had to refrain themselves, because of prying eyes and listening ears, but now, when it was just the two of them...when everyone was asleep, it was the time they adored and Nothing was going to stop that.

It was strange to think about. For Rowan, John B has been one of her best friends. She was his friend first and she always had seen him like that. However, obviously, things change. And feelings change.

For it was that night, the night they decided to kiss again, did she come to a realization that maybe her feelings had changed. And instead of seeing him as a best friend, she wanted to see him as something else.

The thing was, she just didn't really know if John B was on the same page. Sure, they kissed. And they talked deeply with each other. But she doesn't know how he feels. He's hard to read when it comes to things like that and she just doesn't know if she want to get hear heart broken if she opens up about it to him. But surprisingly, he had opened up first.

"Hey." John B had said to her one night. It was a night after they had kissed. Everyone was asleep and they were again out on the hammock. It seemed to be their place. A place where they could be with each other. Alone.

"Hey." Rowan replied with a small laugh. Her cheeks filled with warmth as her feet rocked back and forth. Her dirty convers kept her attention.

"Uh....look...." He started. His words jumbled as he looked at her. She felt his eyes at the side of her head, so, she looked up at him. His face lit by the moon. He smiled and laughed, shaking his head, he took a breath. "I know we have that rule...but...I was thinking...since....you and I..."

"John B?" She says, smiling so much her cheeks were not only burning now from nervousness, but now they also hurt from smiling.

"Since you and I have been you know...mackin and stuff—"

"And stuff?" Rowan asked, trying her best to contain herself.

"Shush." He says. "I'm trying to do something here."

Rowan smiles and puts her hands up in defence. Not saying anything else so he has the chance to finish. Her stomach constantly dancing with butterflies because deep down she has a feeling about what he's going to say. And ultimately, she already knows her answer.

"What I'm trying to say is, I really like you...I have for a while, and it isn't until we started...you know...that I realized I liked you...a lot...and I want to be more than friends..."

Rowan couldn't help but chuckle softly. "John B, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

John B smiled. "Yes." He says. "Will you? Be my girlfriend I mean?"

Rowan smiled brightly. Her face sure to fall off at any second. Mixed with the warm and burning, she nodded. "I like you too. A lot. I would like to be your girlfriend." She tells him. Moving slightly, she kissed his cheek. He smiles and grabs her hand. The cicadas hum in the dark. Filling the comfortable silence that hung between the new couple.

"What about the rule?" Rowan asked, after a while. She had gotten comfy in his arms that wrap around her. She plays with his fingers as they swing.

"Fuck the rule." He said. Shrugging his shoulders. Sitting up, Rowan turns to look at him.

"Fuck the rule?" She repeats.

"Yeah." He says, nonchalantly.

"The rule you created." She said. He nods. "What about the others?"

"What about the others?"

"Well...are we going to tell them?"

"Do you want to?" He asks.

Rowan shrugs. "Maybe. But maybe not. I don't know." She doesn't know how they would react. Kie, JJ, her brother...maybe it was best they didn't tell anyone.

"Let's not tell them." She says. John B smiles.

"Sure. Eventually we'll have too. But for now, we can keep it a secret."

Rowan nods. How they would do that, she had no clue. It was hard enough keeping the fact that they kissed a secret. Especially from Kie. She wanted to tell her the first night it happened. But knowing kiara, she would freak.

Giving him one quick peck on the cheek, Rowan turns back into her former position and looks back towards the marsh. The butterfly's never taking a break as she smiles to herself.