"Pet it, or talk to it. I don't know." Kie whispered.

John B suddenly sat back away from the window and landed beside Rowan. He turned to face her and noticed the fear in her face. And then he remembered her phobia and immediately grabbed her hand to comfort her.
As the rooster flew around, JJ was quick to grab it. Rowan watched with glossy eyes as JJ pinned the rooster to the ground. He snapped it's neck, making the bird quiet.

"Ratter! What the hell you doing? Let's go!" The voice of one of the men called out just as the sound of the car engine started up. The group waited a bit before piling out of the coop.

"You okay?" John B asked, despite his own emotions. He held her arms and waited until she gave him a nod of confirmation.

"You sure?" Pope asked, and much to her disappointment, John B pulled away.

"Yeah." She finally breathed out. Her heart at a normal pace now.

"Good. Let's go." John B said, nodding his head towards the Twinkie.

—-

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B asked, as they drove down the long winding road before them. Rowan sat in the passenger seat. The others behind them as they head to their next destination. The previous events still lingered in Rowan's mind as she tried to forget about it. But her hands still felt as if they were shaking.

"A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible." Kiara said, only because no one else gave him an answer right away.

"Or or could also be possible that your concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope countered.

"Pope, really?" Rowan asked, shaking her head at him.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels." JJ said, "dank nugs and stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it."

"Look, I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message."

"If that helps you believe, John B." Kei says, softly.

"Look, I—I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip, bro, but—"

"Look, my—my dad is missing, okay? Missing." He says. "You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

"It has been almost a year, JB. I mean, maybe—"

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped." JJ says, cutting Rowan off. "That's definitely a possibility."

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope added.

"Absolutely. Or uh...Atlantis." JJ says

"Okay, now you're just saying things." Rowan says. "John B, if it is some type of message, what do you think it is?"

"Redfield." John B says, confidently. "Redfield Lighthouse. That's my dad's favorite place."

The van came to a slow stop. The lighthouse stood tall as the sun begins to set. Creating a pink and orange hue of colors in the sky.  "All right." John B said, turning to JJ.
"You're gonna post up and look for bogeys, okay?"