Chapter 27: We Are Here

It was a surprise to me, that it had been so easy to convince the orc king as to the fact that the king of my own kingdom had challenged him to a duel to the death, and that he had been on it right away. I had actually thought that he had been a lot smarter than I had first expected him to be when I had first seen him, and I had first met him, but it was clear now to me, that it was not the case, as he simply wanted to kill any person that stood in his way, and challenged him.
I could tell that he had whole heartedly expected me to be the one to challenge, but when it had not been the case, the smile had gone away from his face right away, as it was clear to me that he was angry that a human had challenged an orc as big as he was to a duel. Though when he had actually got down from the chair of the throne, he did not seem to be nearly as big as I had first thought that he had been, as the chair had kind of tricked me, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I felt like the chair had been built that way to scare any one who came to go and talk to the king, all at the exact same time as well.
It had done a good job of doing it to me, if I was not going to lie to my self as well, as it did in fact have me quite a bit held back, as to just how big it was that he had been when I had first seen him. When he had got down how ever, it was clear to me that he was not nearly that big, but he was still a lot bigger than I was, so I was glad that I was not the one that was challenging him to a fight, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
Though, the more that I had thought on it, the more that I realized that it was not actually the human king that had in fact challenged him to a fight at all, as I knew that Callan was going to go talk to his own father, and tell him the exact same thing that the orc king had done the same to him. It was clear that we were tricking the both of them, as I really did hope that his father was kind of like mine, and he did not think at all as to the fact that the orc king had challenged him to a duel.
I hoped things were going to go as planned, as I hoped that we did not show up to this place with no one around at all, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that Callan should have got back to the place that we were going to meet up at, a lot faster than we had, as I knew that he had a horse with him to get to the kings place a lot faster than we had.
If any thing, they were more worried that we had backed out of it, which I was not quite as worried for Callan as I was worried for my own safety, as I knew that even if the orc king was not as big as I was, he was still bigger than I was, and that he could still easily take me down, and kill me, at any point, if he so how ever felt like it, none the less, as I shivered at just the thought of that, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm, which felt like it was quite a bit hard for me to do as such a thing right now, as I felt a lot of tension in this carriage that we were on right now, as I could tell that my mother, Libsy, was not all too happy with the fact that he was staring at the same man that had raped her, and kept her locked in side of his place, for a very long time, all at the exact same time as well.
It did not seem to bother the king at all, as he seemed to be paying her no such sort of attention, as it seemed like he was just enjoying the view, and the ride that we were on right now, which I could tell only made my mother even more furious, all at the exact same time as well, which I felt like I could not blame her for. I felt quite a bit uncomfortable, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to roll around, all at the exact same time as well, due to that fact.
I just wanted to get out of here as soon as we could, as I had been stuck in this for the last few days, and I hated it, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm, and as comfortable as I possible could, but it was quite a bit hard for me to do as such a thing, if I was not going to lie to my self, none the less, as I began to start to squirm around in the seat once again, none the less.
I knew that we were very close, at least as far as Klogin had told us about, so there was not all too much that I really needed to worry about right at this very moment in time too, as I shook my head, and I did my best to get my mind, and my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I then did the exact same thing as my father was doing right now, though I still felt like I should not be calling this orc my father at all, all at the exact same time too, as it did not feel good at all, as it felt better just calling him the orc king.
I got my mind off of all of that how ever, all at once, as I just stared at the lands that we were going past, as I knew that the lands had been quite a bit nasty over the last few days, due to the fact that the orcs lived in quite a bit of a harsh climate, and harsh conditions, all at the exact same time as well, which I did in fact feel a bit bad for them for that, all at the exact same time as well.
How ever, the land that we were going through right now, was looking a lot more clean, and a lot more nice, as I felt like I should in fact believe as to just what it was that Klogin had said to us earlier today, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that we were in fact coming closer and closer to human soil at this point, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt quite a bit more safe now that we were in fact drawing closer to it, all at the exact same time as well.
I sighed a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I just looked at the much more pretty lands that we were going by, as I could not wait to get all of this over with, if I was not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time too. I was not sure what it was that I was even going to do when all was said and done, as I wondered if the humans would let me back in to the army. Though I suppose that it would not make sense for me to be in the army, if Callan planned on making peace with the orcs, all at the exact same time too.
Maybe I would just go back to the human city, and live at the rest of my life with my better father, over there, all at the exact same time as well, as I was sure that Callan would make sure that we were will protected, and he was going to make sure that we lived a good life there, after what it was that I had helped him do. Though, I was not all too sure if that was what it was that I even wanted how ever, as there was not all too much there for me either, other than the fact that my father lived over there.
I felt quite a bit uncomfortable, all at once, as I then began to look back in side of the carriage that I was even in side of right now, as I then all of the sudden saw that the orc king was staring at me right now, which did in fact make me feel quite a bit uncomfortable, as I was not all too sure as to just why it was that he would even be staring at me right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways.
I tilted my head at him, as I then all of the sudden saw him nod to me, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear to me, that he was trying to tell me that he was about to go on ahead and speak to me, all at the exact same time as well. I still felt a little bit uncomfortable if I was not going to lie to my self, as I wanted to dip my head low to the ground, until I then remembered some thing that my mother had told me, which was the fact that she had told me to stay strong around him.
I then stared at the orc king right in to his eyes, as I then all of the sudden squinted my eyes, none the less, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should do right now. After a few more moments how ever, I did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention to him at the very least, which did in fact make him feel a bit better, all at the exact same time as well.
I was not all too sure if that was good for me, or if that was bad for me. I felt like it was none of the other, so I did my best to try not to get all too much worried about it at all, all at the exact same time as well, as the orc king did in fact finally begin to start to speak up to me after a little bit longer, as I did in fact continue to stare right him right in to his eyes for just a little longer, before I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very place any ways, none the less.
"I appreciate your honesty with me son... If you do not mind, so long as you do not betray me, I would offer you a spot as one of my guards at my kingdom... You will get paid well, and you will get paid handsomely for it..." He said to me, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes at him a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I looked at him right in to his eyes, as I saw that he had a smile on his face, but this time the smile did not make me feel sick, as it seemed like it was a smile on his face that kind of told me that he was happy right now. It kind of made me feel a little bit strange as to the fact that he had called me his son, all at the exact same time as well, as I shivered at the thought of this orc considering me to be his son, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
It really was quite a bit enticing, as to the fact that he had offered me a spot to live in an orc kingdom, be safe, and get paid well for it, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once. I almost wanted to crack a bit of a smile on my face, and agree to just what it was that he had said, as it did in fact make me feel quite a bit good, as to the fact that he had called me his son, all at the exact same time as well.
I shook off all of those thoughts at once how ever, as I felt like it was kind of fake how ever, even if the smile did in fact look real. My mother had told me he was deceitful after all, as that was how it was that even a smart orc such as her self, had got stuck in to his little trap. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind off of all of those thoughts instead, as I got my mind on the fact that I knew that I could not agree to the offer for the simple reason of what was even going on right now.
That was of course the fact that we were out to get both Callan's father, and my own father killed, and finish off who it was that was weak by the end of it, all at the exact same time too, as I felt a bit sick, and I also felt a bit guilty as to the fact that we were tricking him like that, as now it was his own turn to all of the sudden be deceived this time in stead of us. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I still felt a bit cold, as I shivered a little bit, all at once, at the exact same time as well.
I could see that my mother was looking at me, with her eyes squinted, from the corner of my own eyes, as I could tell that she did not want me to agree to this, as it would mean that it would ruin the entire plan, and I would more than likely tell my father the real reason why we had come here, to set him up in to a trap. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that, as I just seemed to stare at the orc king, right in to his eyes.
I breathed in a bit softly to my self, all at once, none the less, as I did my best to make sure that I stayed calm, and that I once again did not say any thing stupid at all to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden nodded to him after a few moments, to let him know that I was in fact about to speak to him, all at the exact same time too. I felt quite a bit uncomfortable, if I was not going to lie to my self, all at once, as I felt like I was going to fold at some point soon.
The orc king did in fact nod back to me thankfully, as it did not seem like he seemed to notice any thing at all wrong with me right now, thankfully enough for me none the less, as he let me know that he was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways. At first, I had forgot what he had said, but when it came back to me, I then all of the sudden knew what it was that I had to say, all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I began to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"We will have to see... I think you need to focus on your duel first, before I make a decision on that... You do think that you can win right?" I asked him, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like the best idea was to get it on to another subject, before it was that I was to say some thing very stupid, all at the exact same time as well.
I looked at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my own face, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should do, or say back to him, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, and not give away all too much to him, all at the exact same time as well, which I could see based on the look on his face, that he had not been thinking to much in to that.
He then began to stroke his chin, all at once, as I saw him look up at the top of the carriage that we were even in right at this very moment in time as well, as it was clear that he was a bit worried now all of the sudden. It was clear to me that he had thought that it was over before it had even begun, all at the exact same time as well, as now I could tell that I had thrown him a bit off, as it was clear that I had thrown him for a loop, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I turned my head over to my mother, as I wondered if I had said the right thing, as to the fact that I had got us off the subject as to just what it was that he had asked me a few moments ago. I expected to see either a smile on my mother's face, as to the fact that I had in fact said the right thing, or the fact that she had a frown, as if she was not all too happy as to just what it was that I had even said to him in the very first place any ways, how ever.
But, I got neither of those very much to my own surprise, as I saw that she was now doing what it was that I had seen my father doing not all too long ago, which was of course the fact that she was staring at to the view of the places that we were going to, right at this very moment in time any ways, as if she was trying to spot some thing that was familiar to her, or some thing that stood out to her, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times at her, as I felt like I should not be too shocked by the fact that she did not seem to have all too much emotion at all, on her face right now, due to the fact that I knew that she did not want to give any thing away at all, to the orc king, all at the exact same time too. It made sense to me, as I then all of the sudden looked away from my mother, all at once, as I also did not want to make any thing look suspicious to him, as to the reason that I was even staring at her right at this very moment in time any ways, never the less.
I shook my head, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, once again, as this time it was quite a bit heavily, as I then all of the sudden began to look over to the orc king that was still right in front of me, right at this very moment in time too. He no longer seemed to be staring at the ceiling, such as he had been doing a few moments before hand, as it now seemed like he had woke him self up a bit, and he had thought a bit more on just what it was that I had said to him.
Even if I felt like I had said the correct thing to him, that erased any sort of suspicion from his mind, that this could in fact be a trap, I still felt like I knew that I was an idiot, and I might have messed up on one thing, and that I had not realized it, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I was quite a bit scared right now, and I was quite a bit afraid, due to that fact, all at the exact same time too, as I shivered once again, all at once.
My father, the orc king, was staring right at me right now, right at this very moment in time, none the less, as he seemed to do that for quite a bit more time, until she did in fact, all of the sudden none the less, begin to start to nod to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that he was in fact about to speak back to me, as to just what it was that I had even said to him a few moments ago, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to stare at him with about as blank of a look as possible on my face, that way I did not give any thing away at all to him, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact nod back to him, all at once, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention to him, right at this very moment in time, as well. I could tell that it did in fact make him feel a lot better, all at once, as he did in fact finally begin to start to speak to me, not all too much longer after all of that, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say me, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
"You are right... I have to take this one step at a time..." He said back to me, as a bit of a response to just what it was that I had even said to him not all too much longer before now, as well. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that I had not said any thing too stupid, and not given away all too much, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to relax my self, and try to calm my self down, none the less, as I then looked back out side of the carriage, all at the exact same time as well.
It still felt a bit weird to me that I was even allowed to be in a carriage for one thing, as I knew that they had told me not to get in to one when I was at the human city, due to the fact that it might break the entire carriage. This was 4 orcs in one how ever, if you wanted to count Klogin who was at the front, as he was the one that was guiding the carriage in the very first place any ways, never the less.
It felt a bit strange to me, as to the fact that it did not break, though I suppose that this carriage was more than likely built to carry orcs, as it was made out of a lot stronger wood than the carriages that were in the human city, all at the exact same time too. I shook my head, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts that I had been having in my head before now, and before all of this, all at the exact same time too, as I instead got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I was just staring out side, such as the rest of us were right at this very moment in time.
As far as I could tell, I had to believe that what Klogin had told us, about us not being too far away, all at the exact same time as well, was in fact true, as the smell in the air smelt a lot more clean than it had been when we had been deeper in to the orc lands, all at the exact same time as well. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I was fairly certain that we were coming up on the place that we were meeting up at, very soon from now.
Just as I was thinking those kind of thoughts, all at once, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden felt the carriage stop, all at the exact same time too, as if we had got stuck in some mud, which I felt could be a possibility none the less, as I groaned quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did not want to have to deal with this again, and the fact that we were going to have to get out of the carriage and get out of the mud once again.
How ever, very much unlike the last few times though, I did not seem to hear Klogin cursing, all at the exact same time too, such as he had done before. I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on right now, as I was about to poke my head out for answers, all at the exact same time as well, until I heard some noise of one of the doors in the carriage beginning to open, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was a little bit lost on just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time as well, none the less, as I then all of the sudden saw that my mother was all of the sudden walking out of the carriage, all at the exact same time too, almost as if she was prepared to get out of it to help the carriage get out of the mud once again. I breathed in a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I saw my father get out of our side of the carriage all at once, as I felt like I was ready to join him, all at the exact same time as well. I did in fact hesitate a bit, but in the end, I hopped on down, as I saw him looking right at me, as it was clear that he was waiting on me for me to join him, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden jumped out of the carriage, all at once, only to see that Klogin was right beside him.
I was a litlte bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden saw Klogin nod to the both of us, to let us know that he was about to speak to us, all at the exact same time as well. I was a bit lost as to just what it was that was going on right now, as it seemed like the carriage was just fine right now.
In the end how ever, me and my real father, the orc king, did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that we were in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he was about to say to us in the very first place any ways, never the less. Klogin blinked his eyes just a few times, but in the end, he did in fact finally begin to start to speak up to the both of us, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to us all at the exact same time as well.
"Well... They are waiting... We are here..."