(51. Family)

Once Jay and I had spent some time alone together and I changed into something lighter, Jay and I headed to the tables that had been laid outside.

The food started being served and everyone dove into individual conversations

The food started being served and everyone dove into individual conversations. Music starting to play in the background.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you both. I can't believe it finally happened." Cindy had come over to Jay and I.

"Cindy, thank you for coming." I got up to give her a tight hug and Jay did the same shortly after.

"You know I wouldn't miss this for the world." Cindy was getting emotional. "I still remember when you used to call me asking me for advice on who to go with to the middle school dance." She teared up.

"You always did help me make the right choice." I laughed remembering those moments.

"But now you've done it on your own." Cindy shot Jay a smile.

"Yes, I did." I looked at Jay admiring my now husband.

—————————-

During the lunch a couple more people came to Jay and I congratulating us and sharing their memories with us. And the other half of the time Jay and I just stared at each other, giggling away stupidly.

"I'm really happy have I told you?" Jay asked me, with that same look in his eyes that hadn't come off since the night he proposed to me.

"Yeah, you might have mentioned it once or twice." I giggled.

"Ugh, you guys are so cute it makes me sick." Kim took a bite of her bread.

Jay and I laughed. "I know, they're like the kind of couple you only see in movies." Brett agreed with her.

"We're living in our own movie and we're in a pretty good part right now." Jay and I looked into each other's eyes again.

——————-
It was getting dark out, the candles had been lit and a microphone had been set in the center if the stage for the speeches.

Trudy had walked up to the mic. "Hey is this thing working?" She tapped it making a loud sharp sound to be heard across the room.

Everyone nodded. "Okay here we go. I'm here today as the mother of the beautiful bride... I was given the greatest gift in the universe of being able to watch her grow up. Despite all of the challenges life has thrown her way y/n has never let them stop her from carrying on." Both Trudy and y/n started tearing up. "One thing y/n has never failed to do is amaze me, her strength, love and compassion are all aspects of her that I know Jay has learned to appreciate. Thank you y/n for allowing me to be your mother for all these years, and thank you Jay for giving me peace knowing that my little girl will be safe with you. Love you both. " Trudy finished.

Everyone raised their glasses. "I love you Mah." y/n mouthed to Trudy earning a wink from her.

After Trudy Adam had walked up to the mic, then Gabby, Hank, Hermann, etc. Everyone was able to make y/n shed a tear and Jay tear up.

And now Will had walked up to the mic. "Ugh where do I start?" He made everyone laugh. "Jay, my little brother, my best friend, for as long as I can remember I was always jealous of you, for being smarter than me, stronger than me, more caring than me, getting more girls than me." Will made everyone laugh again. "You were always better than me at everything. Except medicine I beat you at that." Jay laughed "Yes, I always envied you for having all those things and as soon as you started talking to me about y/n I knew that was one more thing I got to envy you for." Jay turned to look at me. "But then I realized I had missed out in a big opportunity of being able to learn and share all of those things with you, y/n I hope you know how lucky you are to be able to spend the rest of your life with a man as good as my brother, and I wish that you cherish him and learn from him all the things I never did." Will raised his glass.

I turned to Jay and I could see he had wiped a tear off. "We got really lucky with our friends and family huh?" I nudged him.

"We sure did." He leaned over to kiss my forehead. Now Jay wanted to get to the mic. I got nervous knowing that once again all eyes were on us.

"First of all, on behalf of my beautiful wife and I, we want to thank all of you for being with us in this very special day." There was a shared nod from everyone. Jay took a deep sigh and cleared his throat before he continued. "The day I met y/n I knew I was going to Marry her." I furrowed my brows, this was the first time I was hearing about this. "I never told her this but I knew it. I had never believed in love at first sight until I met her. I admit, I made some wrong choices, loads of mistakes during our relationship but she never gave up on me, not even when I gave up on myself. Y/n and I we've been through some traumatizing things I'm sure most couples outside of this room can't say, and although they terrified us, they made our relationship so strong we knew nothing would ever be able go get in the way of us. Y/n you make me a better person every day, you make me feel love in a way I never thought possible, you make me happy beyond belief and I am so happy to finally be able to call you my wife." Jay raised his glass and everyone cheered us on.

Jay walked back to sit next to me and as soon as he did I gently cupped his face giving him a big smooch, everyone cheered one more time.

A new song started playing and I saw Jay react to it. "Oh this is for us." He took my hand taking me with him to the dance floor.

"What?" I was confused.

"This song, I picked it for us...for you" (check the link at the top)

Jay and I started dancing, I listened to the words which made me cry. "This is beautiful." I wiped another tear off my face.

"I'm glad you like it." Jay smiled.

"But I don't have a dad...who would this be for?" I asked.

"Your terrestrial father may not be here, but the one up there...he's always been here...that's who this would be for." Jay explained.

I felt myself tear up even more, It was an amazing feeling knowing that I'd be spending the rest of ny life with a man as wonderful as him. I rested my head on his shoulder swaying with him to the most beautiful song I'd ever heard.

——————-

A/N:

This is pretty cool, don't know how it happened. Does someone know how it happens?

I'm talking about the text to speech option (the blue thingy)

This is the only one of my stories that has it😬