(39.1. Captive)

*Inspired by Chicago PD S5 Ep12 Captive

Special thanks to CoreBore123 and Coffer_bish for helping me with this part ;)

Jay had been seeing a therapist for a few weeks now. We were living together again and even though we were back together things weren't exactly back to the way they were before because we were taking things slow.

I had been trying to push Jay a little to communicate more with me and I knew he was trying his best. I had talked to Kelly letting him know what had happened and he showed nothing but support and happiness for us only warning me to be careful so I wouldn't get hurt again.

I had been really distracted with work and my relationship at home that I didn't realize how far into the month we were until I got a notification on my phone reminding me it was Trudy's birthday today. I panicked slightly realizing I still hadn't gotten her a present. 

"Jay I'm heading out! I need to get Trudy a present for today." I hollered at him finishing my breakfast quickly.

"Alright, I'll see you at work." He shouted back.

I was almost ready to leave when I realized I was feeling nauseous, I ran to the kitchen sink and threw up a little. I thought nothing of it just blaming it on the fact that I had just gobbled my breakfast down in a couple of seconds.

___

I decided to go to Target to pick up a few things and make Trudy some sort of gift basket since it was going to be hard for me to find something better this early in the morning and with such a short time. But I would get her something better later.

I had stopped by the pharmacy aisle to pick up some more tampons since this would normally be the time I had to restock when it hit me that I hadn't had my period yet. I took out my phone to check my period app and saw that I was 3 weeks late. A wave of nervousness filled my whole body but I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

I turned around and in front of the tampons were the pregnancy tests, I picked up a box of three. I continued shopping for Trudy's birthday but couldn't get the nerves off my mind thinking about what this could mean. I started considering how far along I could be if the case was that I was pregnant when I realized something that terrified me even more.

If my calculations were correct I could have conceived around the same time Jay and I had gotten back together...but also around the same time, Kelly and I had sex for the last time. I froze on the spot trying to think of what to do. In cases like these, I would normally call Kelly since he was my best friend and he would calm me down but this time I needed to talk to someone else.

I dialed Gabby. "Hello?" She picked up.

"Gabs, it's me y/n I need your help." I spoke.

"What's wrong are you hurt?" She sounded worried.

"Oh no it's nothing like that. Gabby I think I'm pregnant and there's 2 possible fathers." I didn't have to give her details I knew she would put two and two together.

"What are you gonna do?" She asked me which I was hoping was a question she could answer for me.

"I have to talk to both of them... I just don't know how." I confessed.

"I'm here hon, for whatever happens." Gabby showed me her support.

"Thanks Gab." I hung up.

______

I left the store and once I arrived at the precinct I quickly made my way to the toilet, hiding the pregnancy tests under my shirt.

I took all the pregnancy tests and waited 3 minutes, which were the longest 3 minutes of my life. I took a huge deep breath before grabbing the first pregnancy test and turning it around. It took me a second to read it but two lines had appeared on it, I picked up the next pregnancy test and it showed the same thing as did the last one.

I felt my hands shaking. I put the pregnancy tests back in the box and calmed myself down before shoving the box back under my shirt and making my way out of the toilet. I knew I had to tell Jay and Kelly but I wasn't sure how.

Once I got upstairs I tried to act relaxed as I greeted everyone but as soon as I got to my desk I dropped my stuff off, putting the pregnancy tests in my drawer discretely then grabbed Jay pulling him into the coffee room and shutting the door behind me.

"What's happening?" Jay asked me confused a cheeky smile on his face.

I turned to face him nervously and he furrowed his eyebrows not knowing what to expect. "Jay I'm about to tell you something and I need you to listen carefully, no matter what happens I love you and I want to us to go through this together." I finished.

"Y/n what's going on." He started getting worried.

"Jay..." I turned to look at him after I made sure no one was around. "I'm pregnant." I finally said it.

Jay's eyes widened slightly. "You're pregnant?" He needed confirmation.

"Yes but Jay... I was calculating the possible time of conception and it's around the time you and I got together...and the last time I slept with Kelly." I admitted.

Jay brought a hand up to his face, slicking back his hair showing me he was stressed. "So you're telling me you don't know who's baby this is?" He was annoyed.

"No, but Jay I could be wrong I still need to go get an ultrasound and other tests-" I started explaining.

"Look, I don't care who the father is...I will raise this baby as my own." He walked closer to me lowering his voice.

"But Jay if this baby is Kelly's I need to tell him." to me this was obvious.

"No, you don't...he never has to know." Jay wasn't being rational.

"Jay I'm not gonna do that!" I got angry raising my voice slightly. He stared at me like I was crazy. I had nothing else to say so I walked out leaving him in the coffee room.

———————
Luckily for me today wasn't a hard day and we got by it pretty fast. Trudy came by to remind us all about the celebration at Molly's and we all gave our confirmation that we were going.

I could tell Jay was still ticked off from our conversation earlier. But I tried not to argue too much knowing that he was still trying to wrap his head around the whole idea.

"I need to go change, I forgot my clothes at home, take the car though," I told Jay.

"Alright, I'll meet you there." He gave me a forced smile before walking out.

"Kev can you give me a quick ride home?" I asked him since he let me know he was also heading to his house and he drove by mine to get there. "And then maybe drive me to Molly's afterwards?"

"Sure thing." He didn't hesitate to accept. "Let's go." He grabbed his keys and jacket.

I quickly ran upstairs to get dressed not taking more than 10 minutes before running back down to Kev who was waiting for me out front. He drove to his house. "Thanks, Kev, sorry for the wait." I apologized for taking time from him.

"Don't mention it." he gave me a wink. "Alright, I'll head in and grab something and then back out, would you like to come in?" He asked me.

"No it's alright I'll wait for you here." I didn't want to impose.

"Ok." He left and went inside. I was texting Gabby on my phone letting her know what happened when I heard a loud bang from Kev's house, the door was ajar.

I hopped out of the car and walked to his door. "Hello?" I knocked before pushing the door open. "Kev is everything alright." I popped my head in and saw Kev collapsed on the floor. I started running to him when I felt a hard blow to my head and then everything went black.