(8. Adrian Gish)

*Inspired by Season 2 Ep 13 A little Devil Complex

Kelly had looked to me a lot after Shay's death, I would find myself spending the night at his place often. Not doing anything, just being there for support. Everyone had wrapped their heads around Shay's death as being a terrible accident. So after Gabby arrived at the station with her suspicions that Shay's death had been a murder, that was a lot to take in.

I had talked to Kelly about Adrian Gish and his interactions with him and the way he described him and his attitude, there was no doubt in my mind he was responsible for her murder. The problem lied in the fact that it was close to impossible to catch an arsonist, the perfect crime, all evidence auto destructs. But if there was someone who was gonna figure it out, it was going to be this unit.

Gabby was in the district helping us out with the case, everything was kind of crazy. We had to be extremely careful during this investigation because Gish knew we were onto him and he was playing games with us.

Kim and Adam were ordered to follow him one night which ended up with their patrol car being blown up, although once again with no evidence to point back to him. He knew we were watching him, and he was watching us.

I was going to meet with a C.I for some information in a more secluded location. I parked my car and started walking to a parking lot. I turned a corner and I jumped when I found myself face to face with Adrian Gish.

"Hello, Detective y/l/n." He spoke softly with a terrifying smile on his face.

"Gish, what do you want." I tried to compose myself quickly as to not to show any fear.

"How are your cop friends, Kim and Sean I think are their names?" He didn't lose the smile.

"Why did you do it, Gish? Why did you kill Leslie?" I tried to press him to confess.

He laughed. "She was gone in seconds, wasn't she? Poor old Gabriela Dawson, couldn't do anything about it could she? " He started walking away.

"You're not gonna win this Gish!" I told him. He laughed again before disappearing behind a building.

I quickly pulled out my phone and called Hank. "Talk to me" He answered.

"Sarge, Gish was following me, I think he pretended to be one of my C. Is to lure me out. He just left. Only said weird phrases like he normally does, mentioned Gabby." I told him.

"You alright?" He asked me.

"Yes, I think he just wanted my attention."

"Alright, get back to the district," he instructed me.

"I'll be there in 10" I confirmed before I hung up. 

I got in my car and I was driving back to the district when I got a text on my phone.

Adam: Meet us at the warehouse in pulaski, we have a lead.

I read it and turned my car around to head to the warehouse.

_____

Back at the district

Jay had gotten a lead to a house and everyone was gonna head there.

"Where the hell is y/n, she said she'd be here in 10" Voight shouted at everyone.

Everyone shrugged. "I'll send her the location and tell her to meet us there."