(3. 8:30)

Inspired by Season 1 ep 12 8:30

I had purposefully been ignoring Jay ever since he blew up at me. He tried talking to me several times, coming to my desk, following me to the coffee room, trying to nudge his way into a conversation. I also noticed I had a couple of missed calls from him after shift. I mean call me petty but Trudy always taught me not to take crap from anyone, not even a 'friend'.

"Ok, so I'll be at the hospital all afternoon helping out at the run. I'll see you tonight." I told Trudy as I walked out of the district.

I opened the door to head down the steps and I found myself standing in front of a surprised Jay. I tried to keep walking past him.

"Y/n wait, please" He grabbed my arm.

"I'm late to the hospital I need to go." I pulled my arm out of his grip.

"Please y/n can we talk?." He tried to stop me again.

"I don't have time for this Jay." I tried to walk away but he pressed his hand against the door. 

"Y/n please I'm sorry." I waited for him to continue.

"Ok, now let me leave." I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"y/n please." He repeated

"Jay please what? What do you want to hear from me? You know I have been nothing but a good friend to you, I'm always there when you need me and all you ever do is push me away so I've had enough, I'm tired of being your punching bag Jay, now please let me leave." 

He opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself. I angrily nodded before pushing his arm out of the way "Great talk" I said before walking out and leaving.

______

I was with Kim trying to set up a tent with Casey and Gabby. Casey came over to help us and introduced himself to Kim while Gabby went inside the hospital.

"I have to use the bathroom, are you alright for me to go?" I asked Kim.

"Sure, I'll wait for you here with Zoe," Kim answered me.

I headed inside the hospital and went straight to the bathroom. I was washing my hands when I heard a huge blast then everything went black.

____

*Back at the district*

Trudy was sitting at her desk looking through her emails when the phones started going off like crazy. She picked up the phone closest to her while looking up at the tv to see if there was something she missed. She dropped the phone.

'Explosion at Hospital Run, Casualties still unknown' the writing gliding across the tv read while images of the attack played out. Trudy's heart dropped but she knew she couldn't get distracted now. She saw Adam coming down the steps.

"Ruzek" She pointed at the tv "Get Voight now! y/n and Burgess are there." Adam felt a knot in his throat as he ran up the stairs.

"Sarge! The explosion, y/n, and Kim are there. We have to go." He shouted as soon as he was audible.

As soon as Jay registered what was going on he felt sick to his stomach, you could be dead. He got up and was ready to run out of there.

"Halstead, Ruzek you get over there as fast as you can and find them, I don't care what you have to do. The rest of you we're gonna focus on figuring out who's responsible for this." Voight hollered at the team.