"Well Ms. Turret, I would have to check with my mom and of course consider if I want to do this with my life," I said politely, still looking at the card.

"Of course dear, take all the time you need, just not too much because auditions start on June 1st, my number is on the back, call me with your decision. Bye darling," she said, leaving with long strides.

I just stared open mouthed at her as she left. I examined the card again. I suppose I had only ever truly considered an acting path for me, but what if this could be my life. I kept it in my pocket until I went back to the room, sitting on the bed and taking the card out.

"You okay there Kat?" I heard Lily ask from behind me.

I stood and whipped around, hiding the card behind my back. It then occurred to me that she hadn't mentioned Lily, and I'm sure she's not just a gymnastics talent agent.

"Oh yeah, lost in thought I suppose," I shrugged, trying to hide my guilty face.

"What are you hiding behind you back?" she asked skeptically, turning her head to try and see it. "Umm nothing," I lied.

"You cant lie to your sister Kat, what is it?" she asked, trying to get it.

"Its nothing Lil's," I said, keeping it out of reach.

Of course, in the end, my height was my downfall. Lily ended up grabbing the card from my hand. "Talent Agent Lisa Turret, school of talented youth, anything from singing to gymnastics, you've got talent, we want you," Lily read aloud.

Her face was shocked as she read the lines.

"You got accepted into a talent school?!" Lily exclaimed.

"No, she just invited me to audition," I defended, realizing that didn't make it sound better.

"Why did you try to hide this from me?" she asked sadly, looking at me with a horrible emotion.

"I just... I didn't want you to know in case you were... I don't know but I don't know if she talked to you too," I rambled, trying to get my point across.

"Oh Kat, did you think I would be jealous?" she asked, not looking up.

I went quiet and hung my head, realizing that was exactly what I thought.

"I suppose I don't blame you, I got the lead in this show by force," she said remorsefully.

"Hey, don't say that, your amazing and if we had both auditioned we would have been tightly matched," I comforted her, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She smiled a little. "Thanks Kat. Wow, talent school, that's pretty huge! You must have really impressed her," Lily said, all traces of sadness gone and replaced by excitement.

I smiled at her, grateful she was being so cool about this.

"I know, I don't know what I want to do yet though," I admitted, sitting down on the bed again.

"Yeah, this must be huge, I know you never thought about another career besides acting," Lily said empathetically, sitting down next to me.

I nodded and put my head on her shoulder.

"It feels... weird, thinking about something else," I explained.

"Well do you think its a good weird or bad weird?" Lily asked.

"Good I suppose, it's just that now I'm thinking about it and realizing how fun it would be to pursue that career," I said.

"Is that bad?" Lily asked, confused.