Dancing Off

Its amazing how so much can change in a week or two. For instance, 1 week ago I had friends in East High, now I don't. Lily kept true on her word and ended up making everyone turn against me.

I knew she was going to use the fact that I suggested the musical but what I didn't know was that East High was already on edge because they thought North High had a spy. Lily confirmed that rumor and said that the spy was me.

All it took was some persuasion, evidence, and careful covering of tracks and I was public enemy number 1 in East High. I now officially only have 2 friends, Grant of course because Lily may be his girlfriend but I'm his best friend.

My second friend though, is surprisingly Ricky Bowen. He found out where I live somehow and the day after I lost all my friends he came to my house with, you'll never guess, chocolate.

He was the only one who wasn't fooled by Lily's ploy. He said it was because he knows that Nini didn't tell me everything Lily claimed I told North High about the play.

We sat eating chocolate in my living room this time. He said it was only fair that he did this for me because I did it for him. He tried to convince everyone Lily was lying but no one could ignore the facts.

I thought I trusted them and they trusted me, I was definitely wrong. Its kind of funny how a forbidden friendship can turn at just the slightest wind. In other news Nini released her Rose Song on the internet. Another reason everyone thought I was the culprit was because Nini told everyone that I tried to talk her out of making the song.

One question though, did she forget that I tried to help her with it!? I couldn't figure any of these questions out so I sat lying awake every night trying to figure it out. One thing I succeeded at though is the fact that I'm still the top student in class. Even sleep deprivation couldn't prevent me from learning so Lily failed at doing that to me! Ha!

"Alright everyone, lets head out," Mr. Roy called to us.

We have our first dance rehearsal today in the studio! At least one thing to be excited for. Now that I have so much free time I can devise a gymnastics routine. I have one down and I think it's pretty good.

We got into the studio and Mr. Roy set us up for Be our Guest.

"How's your routine going?" Mr. Roy whispered to me.

He wanted to keep it a secret from everyone so that they would have a surprise today. He told the dancers where to stand and asked me if it fit my routine.

"Perfect!" I told him enthusiastically.

Grant was working the sound system and I got into place.

"Alright Grant!" He told him and Grant started the music.

Lily was in the middle of course, we weren't using props today though. While they sing "Be our guest, please be our guest!" I begin my routine.

Everyone was quite confused except Grant, because I already told him. I came on dong some backbend flips and then a back handspring in the other direction, Finishing off I did a roundoff into a split and put my hands in the air. No one stopped singing or dancing because Mr. Roy urged them to but now they stopped.

"Wonderful job Katrina," Mr. Roy clapped. "Surprise everyone, this is our showstopper, as soon as she finishes her dance, we close the curtains!" Mr. Roy instructed us.

I smiled wide and got up from my split effortlessly, walking back to my spot.

"Again from the top!" Mr. Roy instructed and we began again. This continued until we had it down perfectly, or almost perfectly.