Chapter 16: Rumor

Far far away from the sly Beacrox, pitiful Choi Han, and the ever so clueless Cale Henituse, in the chambers of the Royal Palace, lies a very confused servant and a problematic golden-haired (actually not) crown prince.

Lennon is facing a huge crisis.

He's been a faithful servant of crown prince Alberu ever since he was a baby, as someone who knows Alberu's origin, he became one of the most trustworthy comrades of Alberu. He feeds, protects, dresses, and bathes Alberu every waking day. Naturally, over the years they have developed a relationship close to the point that Lennon knows what Alberu wants and needs before Alberu himself realizes it.

Because the paperwork of a king-to-be is akin to the height of the Ten Finger Mountains in the southwest border, Lennon tries his best to decrease Alberu's worries and daily responsibilities as much as he can. Like already choosing the clothes Alberu will wear in all events for the next 7 months. Organizing reports depending on Alberu's preference before delivering them to his desk.

Lennon has the ability to assist Alberu in every predicament, he prides himself on this fact, until now.

It started about a week ago, where the crown prince will suddenly space out and stare at the window. Lennon thought it's due to fatigue, but he soon trashed that idea when Alberu started going to his private training quarters more frequently.

Rather than fatigue, he seems to be agitated. But Lennon just let it be because even though Alberu has been acting weird, he's still performing all his duties impeccably until Alberu uttered the words Lennon wished to never hear.

"I wish to take a bath by myself"

One sentence was all it took to shatter Lennon's world.

"I wish to take a bath by myself"

The words rang inside his mind a hundred times.

'What happened'

'My little crown prince'

'I have been with him since he was the size of a puppy'

Tears streamed on his face, and apparently, it wasn't just Lennon who got their world turned upside down, so are the other servants.

'Our crown prince huhuhuhu'

'Maybe he's sick'

'Or he just doesn't like us anymore, waaaaah huhu'

Suddenly, Lennon thought of a great idea, using their mental connection, he relayed his message to the other servants.

'3...2...1'

On cue as if rehearsed, all the servants burst into tears.

"Uwaaaaaaaaah crown prince, we-hik, we just want to serve you hik"

"T-thats right *sob* huhuhu, please at least let us do this"

They even closed their eyes altogether

The servants are confident this will work, their crown prince might be cold and distant to some, but his heart is weak to those he cares about.

However, the moment they opened their eyes, Alberu was already in the bathroom.

Aside from Lennon who still has to organize some documents, the servants all went out to cry their hearts out and went on to do their other chores.

After quite some time Lennon finished his tasks and was about to leave the room, but then he decided to let Alberu know.

He approached the bathroom door, he was about to open his mouth but a sound from the inside prevented him from doing so.

'What was that?'

Curious, he decided to ease just a little bit closer to hear.

And the words he heard, embarrassed him.

"Hnnnggh Haaaah, haaah"

O_O

"Hnggggggh"

o_0

'oh, he's just relieving himself, nothing much'

Though a bit embarrassing, Alberu's current action is completely normal, he decided to just go out, not to disturb Alberu's activity, but another sound came out, and this time, Lennon was sure what he heard wasn't normal.

"Hngggh Cale, Haaaah"

'No, no way, I definitely heard it wrong, he didn't just say Cale as in Cale right'

"CALE, haaaah CALE, when are you going haaah to haaah come back here"

'Well, Cale is a common name, it's definitely not who I think it is,' Lennon convinced himself once more.

"Cale Henituse, haaah, the hero of this continent, Hnggh Do I need to give another job, just to call you, hah"

'WTF DID I JUST HEAR'

Lennon's mind did its own work fast. After a series of shock, disbelief, and denial, acceptance was reached.

And Lennon came to a conclusion.

The crown prince has one-sided feelings for the commander, Cale Henituse.

'Oh my god'.

--

Lennon is a loyal servant, but not the same can be said to his mouth.

In just a day, as Cale was busy nursing the 'injured' Beacrox and as Alberu was busy thinking up excuses to contact Cale,

A rumor has spread in the entire Royal Palace.

A rumor that happens to involve the two most renowned figures in the kingdom.

A/n: Unbetad. Sorry for the typos/misspellings/grammar errors/

Happy reading!!

Follow for more :>

Ps. Also, I realized how short my chapters are,  so I'll try to make it longer. 

Comments are highly appreciated Muaah