Chapter 10: Taste

Chapter 10

Cale is undeniably in a rush, and yet he's been in bed with the smallest appetite for 2 days, now being in bed as much as one could is Cale's life principle, however, this case seems to be an exception because even if Cale wants to get up, the nightmare that happened 2 days ago nails him down the sheets.

--

Another 2 days has passed, and Cale feels that he's on the way to recovery, as long as he doesn't see Clopeh or anything that reminds him of it. So he decided to get up, because Cale is well aware of the tightrope he's threading in. Though the '3 months timer' has yet to begin, he has to move fast.

After eating the first breakfast he managed to swallow after vomiting out everything for several days, and consoling the children that already made an outline how they're going to destroy the world if Cale doesn't eat, Cale immediately headed out to where a scary potential male lead resides.

The kitchen.

Cale is a coward, something he knows ever since. Whether he's living as Kim Rok Soo or as Cale Henituse, he'll always be a scaredy-cat, but he takes pride in that, especially living as Cale, after all WHO THE F*CK WON'T BE SCARED AT THAT?!

What's in front of Cale is a pale, dark-brown haired, handsome chef, brandishing a kitchen knife with a very SADISTIC face. Yes, the stoic and skilled resident cook of the Henituse household by day, and the vicious and cruel torturer by night, Beacrox Molan.

"Do you need anything young master?" Cale, who was sloppily hiding behind the kitchen door, shook like a leaf, 'ugh scary'. Apparently, Cale was hiding from a trained assassin? Cale confirmed that fear really makes one do crazy things.

Cale tried his best not to slouch like a hundred-year old turtle, as he slowly made his way beside the chef. "Uuhh, here you go" Cale handed Beacrox a small wrapped box.

"Young master?"

"It's a gift for cooking for everyone" Cale tried to hide his fear by appearing as stoic as possible.

"I get paid tho"

'Tch, just f*cking take it' --- was the thought that Cale suppressed under a smile.

"Then just consider it a show of my personal appreciation for you"

Beacrox's eyebrows furrowed but he still accepted it.

"Aren't you going to open it?"

"Hmm" Beacrox slowly, with hesitating hands, tore the wrap. What greeted him was a gold piece of paper.

"Read it!" Cale uttered with nervousness and anticipation. 'I'm sure he'll like it, right?'

"Lifetime Supply of Gloves?"

No reaction was visible on Beacrox's face.

"U-uuuh, s-soo" 'Tsk so he didn't like it? So how can I get close to him?'. Cale was about to offer Beacrox a day-off or a person to torture at night, but Beacrox spoke first.

"Young Master, tell me your orders" Beacrox kneeled down on one knee, and bowed his head, and pressed the paper to his chest, it's just like how a knight pledges his allegiance to his Lord.

Cale suppressed the impulse to celebrate by covering his face with his signature 'scamming face'.

"Glad you realized what I had in mind"

"Give me my first task young master"

"Heh, your first task is---

to open your mouth, and be tasted by me"