Chapter 21: Person of Interest

*Ting-ting-ting*

While on the carriage, a notification sound rang inside Cale's head, as he looked up, he saw a bubble atop Choi Han's head.

"50%"

'Oh nice, I've been wondering about my progress in this stupid storyline is, halfway is pretty good' However, Cale has yet to check on any other male lead's progress, that's because according to the sealed God, the progress is revealed randomly.

-Current knowledge of Cale-

Choi Han - 50%

Alberu - ???%

Beacrox - ???%

Lunatic - ???%

'Unfortunately, Beacrox isn't here but since Alberu will be there and Choi Han is with me, I guess I better make use of this opportunity now' Cale spent the travel time from the Henituse territory to the palace, scheming as Choi Han happily watch him do so.

~

Just as expected, a crowd formed on the way to the plaza. kids were waiving silver shield costumes, some were dressed in black cloaks and swords attached to their waists, and some children went the extra mile and wore wings just like those of Raon. The kids were thrilled peeking out the window, and as usual, Cale still felt uncomfortable.

After a short while, the carriage stopped in front of the main entrance of the palace, the carriage doors opened, and the moment black-jet hair was seen, screams of the people surrounding the entrance of the palace, as well as the people that gathered at the plaza echoed.

"Cale-nim" Choi Han called out and extended his hand to Cale that quickly accepted it.

And the already loud crowd grew even more chaotic.

"OOOOH COMMANDER CALE I LOVE YOUU"

"MARRY ME OPPA"

"AN ANGEL! YOU'RE A FREAKING ANGEL!"

"I'LL BE YOUR WIFE, AND I'M A GUY"

Screams, cheers, and confessions of love echoed as Choi Han and the three invisible children approvingly nod their heads while Cale is having the worst day of his life.

"Ugh, let's just go inside"

With a light chuckle, Choi Han and the children followed to the assigned room where they will rest before entering the ballroom.

-Meanwhile-

Alberu's POV

"You highness, it seems he has arrived"

With a smirk threading between delight and danger, the golden-haired man stood up.

"It seems so, only he can elicit a response like that, so are the preparations ready?"

"Well, of course, your highness"

"Good. Now Lennon," Alberu paused and looked straight to his dearest servant with an unsmiling face.

"This is an order from the crown prince of the Roan Kingdom and your soon-to-be King, I command you, no, I demand you to make me the best looking man tonight!"

'I can't wait to see you Cale'

Rixen's POV

Loud footsteps permeated the hallway, contrary to his pleasing appearance, an ugly frown can be seen on his face. "Ugh, just what was that deafening sound earlier? why are the people so unruly!"

It has been said that the very first people of the Kingdom of Heinvil carry the blood of half-elves, passing down several characteristics to their descendants only unique to the elves, one of such is sensitive hearing, this is especially true for Rixen.

"Prince, I heard that the noise was because of the arrival of the commander, Cale Henituse"

At this point, Rixen was about to explode, he has yet to meet the person but he was already fuming with hatred. Rixen didn't even want to be here, he even left a mountain of paperwork to attend this ball, and now his eardrums were about to burst, and he only has one person to blame and he'll definitely teach him a lesson.

"Haaa, I cannot wait to see you Cale Henituse"

At the backside of the castle, away from the cheering crowds, the chatter of the castle knights echoed.

"Hey, are you gonna peak at the ball later?" a knight asked his fellow.

"Of course, I heard there will be a lot of well-known individuals there, I wanna see Mage Rosalyn"

"Just mage Rosalyn?"

"Wh-whaat?"

"I heard you sleep-talking about hugging the commander HAHAHAAHAHA" the nearby knights' laughs erupted.

"He-heey!!!" the pitiful knight protested with a face as red as a tomato.

"What is there to be ashamed about? we all wanna hug the commander, he's the strongest person I've met"

"Agreed"

"Th-that's right! as a knight I admire commander Cale because of his strength"

"Really just his strength?"

"STOOOP IT"

"HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA"

'Cale Henituse is the strongest person here huh?' the blue-haired prince from the Ratius Kingdom dressed not befitting for a ball but for war, walked away from the chattering knights.

"Shall I have a look at this Cale Henituse then?"

Cale's POV

'When are they gonna call us to enter, I'm hungry' Cale grumbled internally.

AN: Omg guys so I just now realized that I forgot to upload this chapter ahuhuhuhu please forgive this forgetful being T_T

PS. unbetad so sorry for the typos and nasty grammar huhu T_T enjoy reaading ^_^