"It's just so cute!" Eda said after doing the same.

This did not help the situation, and just made King grab his keys and head out the door.

"I am not cute!" He said before attempting to slam the door, only for it to bounce back open. He tried and failed a few more times with a cute little, "Weh!" each time he closed the door, until it eventually closed.

Eda and I laughed again for a moment before she wiped a tear from her eye and looked over to me.

"Well, that sure was something," She took a sip from her mug and shook her head slightly.

"Yeah..." I paused and contemplated whether or not to talk to Eda about my band again. Apparently the look of pondering on my face was evident enough for Eda to ask if anything was up. "I mean, yes?"

"Did you get suspended again?" She asked without hesitation. If anything, there was a sliver of hope in her voice.

For the record, the only time I've been suspended was for something that was definitely not my fault. My stupid lab partner in chemistry didn't read the instructions and poured random shit together until it "looked cool" and it ended up exploding, causing a lot of trouble and making a huge mess. This was, of course, pinned on me for not paying attention to what my partner was doing and we were both suspended for a week. Eda was proud, to say the least, since she hated school and caused as much trouble as possible when she was in high school.

"What?! No!" I gave her a look of disapproval, but continued. "I was just wondering if I could ask you something."

"Shoot kid. Unless it's illegal. I can't afford another run in with the law right now," She sat down on the couch and put her legs up on the coffee table.

"No, it's not illegal... in itself," I decided that was the best way to put it, considering that the club wasn't technically the most legal place on earth.

"Sounds sketchy," She narrowed her eyes at me for a moment. "I like it already! Continue!"

I chuckled at her antics. "Well, I was just wondering..." I paused, afraid of her making fun of me again. "I was wondering if you could help me kick start my band?"

She noted my hesitation and serious tone and didn't laugh. She just looked at me with an expression I couldn't read. "You already have a band?"

"Well, kind of?" I shrugged and fiddled with the hem of my shirt. "I have lead singer who can also play guitar. And then there's Gus and Willow who will hopefully want in on it. And my lead singer said that she knew a bassist and a sound director."

"And what are you planning on doing with this band?" She was taking this seriously, and I thanked her for it in my head.

"Well, maybe we could play at the club. I think it would be super cool to be a part of that, and I could make a little cash while I'm at it," I grinned at the last part. "And if you want in, you could be the manager. I'll even give you a cut of the pay."

"Well kid," She stood up and came to put a hand on my shoulder. "I'd be more than happy to help get things started. I know the owner of the club, so I'll talk him into letting you guys play if you can get a group together."

"Wait really?" I got excited and almost went to pull Eda into a bear hug before she spoke again.

"And if you wanna clean out the shed, you can use that as your band room," Eda was then engulfed in my hug, causing her to choke slightly. "Don't crush my ribs kid!"

"Sorry!" I let her go. "I just got a little excited there."

"It's okay. Now scram before I change my mind," She turned around to go back to the kitchen, probably to refil her mug.

Bad Romance - Beta Lumity - Band AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें