Purple Glowing Circles

Start from the beginning

Leo glanced at the strangers around him before turning back to his master. The boys needed protection from the black fog creeping towards them. He knew it was dangerous to normal human adults, and he did not intend to find out what happened to young children. Tsukiko, knowing the danger she was putting the dragon slayers into, whistled. Rusalka and Nacktkrapp walked out from the forest. They stalked towards the boys and Rusalka raised her left hand slightly before a light blue dome surrounded them all. 

"There, Leo you can rest. Tsukiko would not use her magic to endanger anyone else. As soon as she cast this spell she called for us two to look after the others." Sting slightly jumped at their sudden appearance but calmed as he saw Leo nod. Although he did not know who they were, they were with Tsukiko and she was protecting them, for the second time, so they could be trusted to an extent. Leo turned to face Rusalka and smiled slightly.

"So she got you again then? At least she has you there, and Natkckrapp, you look well." The raven next to him squawked. Rusalka turned slightly to the lion spirit before she nodded in reply. 

"As soon as I saw her, I asked to join her. Of course, she would not decline, you know how she is. How are the others?" Leo gave her a questioning look before answering.

"Has she not called for them?" Rusalka shook her head in reply and put a finger to her lips.

"Secrets remember" Leo looked to be thinking for a second before understanding what she was going on about.

"As much as I like you two catching up, make that shield stronger Rusalka." said woman nodded before she raised her hand again and the shield turned a darker blue. By now, the markings around Tsukiko were the only thing visible from the outside world, the black fog clawing at the blue barrier as it tried to break in.

"Why is this magic so dangerous?" Rogue questioned the women in front of him. She turned her head to face him before she smirked slightly.

"Why it could kill you," she paused before she turned back to her master, "Depending on how much of the fog you breathed in, of cause" Rogue's eye winded slightly at that revolution whilst Sting exclaimed in shock.

"Of course, she won't kill them though. She will just make sure they go through enough pain to be immobilised for a while at least." Leo grimaced at the thought of being in that much pain.

"Tsukiko, can we hurry this up, we have to be on the move again soon."

"Oh, but the spirits are returning home." came the cheeky reply, but soon enough the fog started to disperse, along with the suffocating feeling of pressure from outside the barrier. Tsukiko tapped the barrier before it shatter under her touch. Nachktkrapp grew in size before fluttering their wings, the rest of the black fog blown away with any evidence that there was a fight at all. 

"There done," Tsukiko gently rolled her eyes at her friend before dropping her own pink barrier around the civilians, "now before we carry on moving, the boys still need food" Rogue blinked at the casualness of her statement before Sting started hysterically laughing.

"Sorry, sorry. How are you so casual about everything, you just one-man armed a group and you don't even look that bothered." Tsukiko turned to the blonde dragon slayer and just smiled before she looked at the two civilians behind them.

"Most importantly, you two are alright. You have everything that was taken from you as I moved it with you earlier. You can go home now." She pulled the mother up by her hand, the son still gripped to his mother's body and smiled at her gently.

With that, Tsukiko turned away from the group and stalked off into the forest, Sting rushed to follow her and Rogue soon after. Rusalka and Nacktkrapp walking after them. Leo sighed before disappearing into the treeline as well. 

When the group had caught up to Tsukiko, she was putting her cloak on. Tsukiko looked at Leo.

"Tell the others I said hi, I know they want to see me, and that maybe they can in the next following years. Only five more though, after that, they no longer will be able to." Leo nodded before he vanished in gold glitter. Tsukiko looked at the group before her as she smirked slightly, what an interesting group they were. Two young dragon slayers, and three not completely human beings. She turned towards her left and threw a dagger into the forest. 

"Food is caught." She smiled at the younger boys before stalking off to grab whatever it was that she had killed. Within an hour, the two boys had eaten and the group were off again. Tsukiko had offered to carry Sting again due to his limp, and at first, he had declined the offer, but eventually, he gave into the white-haired women's offer for help. Rogue was walking between Rusalka and Tsukiko, Nacktkrapp was sleeping on the latter's shoulder. 

"So, Rogue, when did you plan to ask your questions? I can still tell that you have some." Tsukiko questioned the black-haired boy next to her. He looked at her before sighing gently. 

"There is much that confuses me about you and your friends, but I know that the answer I want, I will not get. So I can wait a little longer." Tsukiko just smiled at him and pat his head gently.

"Maybe, just asking the right questions will get you the answer you desire." Rusalka smirked to his left and just nodded her head. Rogue looked to be in thought before shaking his head slightly.

"You wouldn't be willing to give me them questions would you?" Tsukiko gently laughed at the boy before humming in thought. She looked down to the sleeping boy in her arms before looking to the one walking next to her.

"Maybe you could ask about how old my magic is?" Rusalka looked to her friend before shaking her head, although she smiled.

"Well, how old is your magic then?" Rogue tilted his head to look up to the woman before him as she sighed gently. 

"My magic is so old, no one for centuries would be able to name it. It is so old, that only I can wield it, and if someone else tried to, then they would simply die. Their body would not be able to hold that much ancient magic in them. Think of dragon magic, but add a millennium or two."  Rogue stopped briefly before catching up.

"Then how are you able to use it?" came his bewildered reply. Tsukiko laughed at his confusion before looking at the sky.

"How am I able to use it, I wonder? Maybe you will find out in due time, young dragon slayer," Tsukiko looked back down to the confused boy beside her and gently tapped his shoulder, "can I trust you to not tell Sting or anyone about this. My magic, because of its age and abilities is wanted by many people, enough people to kill me and anyone I come into contact with. The fewer people who know, the less likely it is to get out." Rogue nodded at her request and he watched as she smiled down at him. Something so full of gentleness that he felt as if she was his own parent, maybe having her and Rusalka around would not be so bad. At least Sting would have someone to look after him. The guild was not very family orientated, all about power this and power that, so having the gentle touch of this strange women and her friends could be something that Rogue and Sting would need later down the line.