However, the Queen never showed up and so Nilsa was content with knowing Aerilyn would be okay for now, she had grown to like the girl, she didn't look at Nilsa like she was a monster and she made her realise humans weren't all that bad.

Night after night the Queen never appeared, she could neither smell her in the room anymore or had seen her lately, Nilsa suspected she had thrown herself into her work and was isolating herself in her office.

Aerilyn had confined herself to her room, isolating away from everyone. She would talk to Nilsa but it took a few days for her to really open up again. She mostly spent her days looking out the window or reading.

One morning Luanna came to see Aerilyn, she knocked on the door and walked in, this was the first time they had been alone, Nilsa stood outside to give them privacy. The vampire stood awkwardly, this was a first for her, she wanted to comfort the girl but didn't know how.

"Hi, how are you holding up, I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you are okay" she stepped closer into the room. Aerilyn pulled her hair behind her ears and sat back against the bed on alert, uneasy as to whether she would be attacked.

"I won't hurt you, don't worry, your blood does not have the same effect on me, I only have the best intentions" the vampire smiled with a toothy grin.

As she reached the bed she stayed still, she didn't want to intrude on the human or make her feel uncomfortable. "You can sit...if you'd like" Aerilyn managed a shy smile with a bit of a croaky voice.

Luanna sat down on the edge of the bed, this was the first time they had really spoken to each other.

"I am very sorry for what happened Aerilyn and I can tell you Solenne is really beating herself up about it" Aerilyn rolled her eyes but then had realised what she had done. Immediately her face paled thinking she would be punished.

Luanna chose to ignore it and carried on. "She feels awful about it but is too stubborn to come up here and apologise, or embarrassed actually. But anyway, I wanted you to know that if you need anything just ask and I will see to it" Aerilyn appreciated what the vampire was trying to do and was shocked at how civilised she was but that didn't take away from her being locked up in the castle.

"I don't give a shit how she feels, just a blood sucking vampire who thinks she can take what she wants when she wants, I'll be happy when she is dead or I am. So yes what I need is my freedom or my life to end" the tears fell down her face as she broke down.

Luanna reached over to wipe the tears forgetting that once she touched her she could read her thoughts. They both pulled away as they felt the shock of it. Luanna had read enough to know that the girl was confused by the hot and cold Queen, that she missed her brother, Ev and everyone else.

"Get away from me" Aerilyn started to get worked up knowing she had read her thoughts. Nilsa entered the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I will leave you to it and again I'm sorry for everything" Luanna cowered her head in shame.

Nilsa knew something was going on for Luanna to have got involved. She had already half figured it out but now this had just sealed what she first thought.

Nilsa walked over to the bed and sat down "I'm sure she didn't mean to, she's actually one of the good guys" trying to cheer her up.

Aerilyn wiped her tears away and headed into the bathroom to sort her face out, as she looked up into the mirror she could see the marks around her neck were all bruised, even where the collar had pressed against her, that damn collar, she wanted it off.

"I know, but doesn't make it any better, I'm still trapped up here with a collar on arent I" she whispered.

Solenne stayed away from the girl, not even staying with her through the night, she couldn't believe what she had done, realisation had kicked in. She almost killed her.

Nilsa had checked on Aerilyn and stayed with her most of the time, it killed Solenne that it wasn't her, but she didn't deserve it. As she was walking down the corridor she bumped into Nilsa, Nilsa had kept things formal since and bowed "your majesty".

Solenne ignored it and instead asked "is she okay?" The worry etched in her face. Of course she could hear her heart beat no matter where she was in the castle and hear her laughs and conversation, but she wanted to be the one making her feel that way.

"Yes, but you could always go and check on her yourself, you know she is yours after all" Solenne frowned at the last comment.

"I don't think that's a good idea she is probably scared of me, I don't want to make it worse" Nilsa was impatient, she had plenty of things to be doing that didn't involve sorting out the Queen's relationship issues.

"I don't mean to be frank, but in order for her to feel the bond you actually need to get to know her" Nilsa smirked and walked off, she knew.

She left the Queen speechless for once in her life, her jaw dropped, but if she knew that meant her relationship was purely of a friendship base and that gave the Queen hope.

Solenne wondered how many other vampires had figured it out, it couldn't get out and that worried her, she was worried about the girl and her mortality, how fragile humans were and mostly how unaccepting Aerilyn is of the Queen.

She had to turn things around.