After a few more seconds I decided that I was going to bake a little cake and maybe a creme brûlée if I had time . I've never really made a cake before so I hope it comes out good.

"Alright, ready, get set...go!" Dante chimed out and I got straight to measuring out my dry ingredients into a mixing bowl before whisking the powdery mixture together.

Then I started on the wet ingredients, mixing them up well. When everything was together, I looked over at Lorenzo to see what he was doing. He looked so peaceful and his movements were grateful . I noticed him making tiramisu and cannolis.

I snapped out of my thoughts and continued making my cake batter. I was making a vanilla strawberry whipped cream cake. Just thinking about it made my mouth water, I loved strawberries a lot and I couldn't wait to try it.

I poured my cake batter into the round cake pans and popped them in the oven after it preheated.

While my cake was baking I started making my creme brûlée. I only had 6 ramekins (the little cups for Creme brûlée) but that was alright, we could share.

My brothers watched as my face scrunched up slightly while trying to make the creme brûlée mixture. I almost messed it up fully because the temperature was to high so I had to let the mixture cool off for a bit.

As soon as I was done with setting up the creme brûlée to put in the oven, the timer for my cakes went off and I took out the pans right away with oven mitts in my hands.

I set the pans down on the table and put my creme brûlées in the oven, setting the timer for them.

————————————————————-

The baking competition was finally over and it's been 3 hours. I yawned tiredly and took a huge stretch to relieve my muscle pain that came from standing and bending over for so long.

My brothers stared us down like wolves, wanting to taste our desserts. I giggle and set my cake and creme brûlée, along with Lorenzo's baked goods down on the table.

I was very proud of my creations. My cake looked pretty good, but not to mention, very scrumptious.

"Alright taste tests! Let's see who wins this~" I hummed and took a seat at the table by Lorenzo's Cannoli and tiramisu. I tried his foods right away and my face lit up at how delicious it was.

"This is so good Lorenzo!" I complimented him and he patted my head. "Thank you Bella." He said softly and after everyone was done trying Lorenzo's they moved onto mine.

I gulped nervously, trying to see their first reactions on the taste.

"Oh my god Bella! This is the best things I've ever tasted!" Antonio exclaimed, eating more of the creme brûlée and some cake.

I smiled sheepishly, seeing that everyone was enjoying my deserts.

Lorenzo took a seat beside me and the guys stood in front of us.

"Alright so we took a voting and we think....Bella won!" Gio shouted as Luca did a drum roll on the table edge.

I giggled with wide eyes and looked at Lorenzo who was laughing at my reaction. "Nice job princess." Matteo said and gave me a high five, causing a smile to appear on my face.

I'm so glad my brothers decided to do this bake off for me. It lightened up my mood and I felt so much better already. However I just knew that tonight it would still be hard to sleep.

1212 words

(Hope you guys enjoy this tiny chapter. I added in this baking part because I really love baking and it makes me happy.)

(Bella's cake looks something like this

(Bella's cake looks something like this. Don't judge 💀 this was like my third ever cake I've made.)