Bonus chapter: birthday

Everyone: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Party poppers exploded with confetti as the sounds of everyone in the room were filled with cheer and celebration. What was being celebrated? Well, y/n's 17th birthday of course.

Y/n: wow...it's been a long time since I had a birthday like this...

Frisk: we'll be sure to make it memorable for you!

The cake was brought out and it was a chocolate cake.

y/n: wow, my favorite.

chara: it's my favorite too! 

the cake was sliced up and brought around to everyone. as everyone was eating and talking, y/n remembered the last time he had a birthday like this one. it was his 10th birthday. a year before his mother had died. 

y/n's family didn't have too much money but they weren't exactly poor. his mother got him a cake and his father had bought him a blu-ray copy of his favorite movie at the time. y/n was happy to be with his family. 

mother: happy birthday y/n!

y/n: it's great mom! thank you for the cake!

father: do you have anything to wish for?

y/n: hm...I just wish that we keep being happy like this forever!

poor y/n. he had no idea of the fate that would await his mother. but he didn't know that. and because of that obliviousness, he was able to enjoy himself that day.

sans: hey kiddo, you alright?

back to the present, y/n snapped out of his memories and turned to sans who seemed to be giving him a concerned look.

y/n: sorry sans, I was just lost in thought.

sans: thinking about the past?

y/n: yeah...

sans:...kiddo, I know this is gonna be cliche but, you should move on from all that.

y/n: I know but it's just...so difficult...

sans: you're strong enough. if you could free us from the underground and beat chara, then this shouldn't be a problem. 

y/n: yeah...yeah you're right sans. I gotta stop weighing myself down. thanks, man.

sans: hey, it's your birthday so you should be more cheerful.

y/n looked around and smiled. yeah, he'd been through some shit but that's all past him now. he's got friends and family that care for him. he'd helped others when he was the one that needed help the most. all in all, he was grateful for the big changes life had given him. he was sure...that there were more to come.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"it's done"

.

"What is?"

.

"the undertale story. it's completed. this specimen will be happy for the rest of this route."

.

"great. now what? do we make a new specimen in deltarune or in an AU?"

.

"no. we shall wait until deltarune is completed before moving now to there. and I do not plan for a specimen to be in an AU."

.

"so, then what indie universe are we experimenting on then?"

.

"...you shall see."

(that's all guys! I'm planning on making a story for more indie games. I hope you guys enjoyed this book. I honestly didn't expect all this attention on it and I still can't believe the fandom is so vast and welcoming these days. there are some things I wish I could fix but overall, I'm happy to finally complete a book. thanks for all your support! I guess this is the end...Goodbye guys! I hope to see you all again someday!)