chapter -4: defeat me, please.

chara walked into hotland and saw that alphys' laboratory was up ahead. they walked in and saw that there was a monitor that was displaying them at that very moment.

chara: "alphys is quite the stalker. pretty creepy huh y/n?"

y/n: "at least she's not a murder."

chara sighed and continued to walk forward before they were met with the sight of mettaton.

mettaton: oh, there you are. you ugly little creature. you've made quite a name for yourself. such infamy, I'm impressed. if you're looking for alphys, she's not here. while you were busy doing your, ahem, thing, she was evacuating everyone. now they're in a place that you can't reach. she's quite smart for deciding not to fight you herself.

chara took a step forward.

mettaton: oh? quite sassy. you're just itching to destroy me, aren't you? well...T-O-O B-A-D! this world needs more stars than it needs corpses! toodles!

mettaton wheeled out of sight which left chara to continue on their way. it seems that not everyone had been evacuated. chara slashed through the monsters that had been left. they was unstoppable. y/n watched and grew numb. who could stop them? even if all the remaining monsters evacuated, they'd just get their hands on them later. he saw Muffet get slashed down with a single slash. his heart pained at the sight of another person that he knew getting killed. soon, chara reached a dark room. standing at the center of the room was mettaton himself.

mettaton: my, my, so you've finally arrived. after our first meeting, I realized something ghastly. you're not just a threat to monsters, but to humans as well. oh my, that's an issue. you see, I can't be a star without an audience. and besides...there are some people... I want to protect.

y/n: "blooky..."

chara took a step forward.

mettaton: ah, ha, ha...eager as always eh? but don't touch that dial. there's something you haven't accounted for. as any true fan would know, I was once a human eradication robot. it was only after becoming a star that I was gifted a more photogenic body. however, those original functions were never fully removed. come any closer, and I'll be forced to show you...MY TRUE FORM!

chara smirked as they took yet another step forward.

mettaton: fine then! RRRREADY?! IIIIIIT'S SHOWTIME!!!

suddenly, the dark room brighten up so much that chara had to cover their eyes from the light. once the light died down, chara was able to see mettaton in his new form.

y/n looked and was filled with a bit of hope

y/n looked and was filled with a bit of hope...before chara struck down the robotic idol in a single slash.

mettaton NEO: g-guess you don't want to join my Fanclub?

the robot then exploded and so did y/n's last hope. it was over. who could stop them? the king? he doubted it. he was in despair. he hoped that at least alphys, sans, and blooky was getting as far away from chara as they can. flowey appeared and it seemed like even he was nervous at what his childhood friend was becoming. y/n never thought he'd see fear on the flower's face but it was definitely there. he sank back to the ground and retreated.