Chapter 8: the end...right?

As y/n walked out of the restaurant, he found himself in what appeared to be a hotel's lobby. He quickly exited the building and was now in what appeared to be a place filled with all kinds of machines and technology.

Y/n: wow. What the hell is running these things? Is it magic or some kind of fuel?

Y/n only pondered over it for a bit. He spotted an elevator and got inside of it. After a few minutes, he stepped out and walked over to a door on his left. He entered a dark stage that had something laying down in the middle of it. Y/n got closer and saw that it was some kind of robot with only its head and torso.

 Y/n got closer and saw that it was some kind of robot with only its head and torso

Y/n: damn. What happened to this guy? Was it the kid?

???: yes. Yes, it was.

Y/n looked up to see alphys standing in front of him. The reptilian scientist went up and picked up the robot.

Alphys: luckily, the human didn't damage it beyond repair. Its batteries just ran out. You should probably hurry. They just got in the elevator that's in the next room.

Y/n: alphys...are you ok? You seem...sad.

Alphys: Oh it's nothing. I'm fine! I Promise!

Y/n: alphys, I know when people aren't fine. I'm kinda an expert on not being fine. Which isn't a good thing if we're being honest. Just please tell me...is it the robot?

Alphys: no. Mettaton will be fine. It's just that...I probably should have told you this sooner...but the only way to leave this place is by passing through a barrier that's sealing all of us underground and you can only do that with a human soul and...

Y/n: what? What else?

Alphys:...and a monster soul. You'll have to kill a monster to get back home.

Y/n's heart sank. He fell to his knees as he realized what that meant for him and the child. They would both have to kill a monster to pass. Y/n didn't want to do that. If he did, how would he be able to face his mother in the afterlife? Well, now that he thought about it, he wouldn't see his mother because he'd end up in hell.

All these monsters are innocent. Including the raging fish warrior.  And he had even made some friends down here. Blooky and sans. He couldn't do that and he wouldn't let the kid do it either. Y/n rose back up to his feet. He didn't think he had much purpose until now, but now he's got a purpose. A goal. He ran to the elevator and quickly pressed the button to get to the highest floor. The elevator closed and began to move. As it did, y/n suddenly found himself getting drowsy.  Then, out of the blue, he passed out.

He woke up in the white void once again. He looked around, wondering who would show up this time. Gaster? Or chara? That question was answered he saw a being made of darkness with a pale face and hands with holes.

Y/n: Gaster? Listen, man, I don't think I got much time to talk, so can you make this quick?

Gaster: anomaly, do you finally have the answer to the question I asked the first time we meet?