30

Play Fire Away by Niall Horan when you read this chapter. I think it fits perfectly ☺️💕
- Zeri

Daniel and I pull up to the gates of an apartment complex and my heart falls right into my ass

I can feel his own nerves as he punches in the gate code. The gates part with a mechanical squeaking noise and Daniel finally glances at me.

"So we're at your place." I say more as a statement than a question.

"Yep. I kinda wanted to cook for you." He says shyly.

My heart thuds in my chest at his shy expression. He's incredibly nervous which somehow calms me. At least I know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

"Is that okay?" He asks nervously as he makes a right  and pulls into a parking space.

I realize I hadn't responded. Id been staring at his side profile with god knows what kind of expression. I probably looked like I wanted to shit myself.

"Oh yes of course!" I rush out.

Daniel turns to me with a small smile.

"Just so we're clear. That is not why I brought you here. Just wanted some pure alone time with you is all." He shrugs. His cheeks tint red and I know for sure mine match.

I will admit that's part of the reason I was nervous. Not sure how I'm going to tell my parents we went back to his place for dinner without them assuming something happened. But the other part was just me being scared to be completely alone with him uninterrupted. There'd be no one to possibly knock on the door or bother us. Just Daniel and I.

"Okay." I smile at him and he leans over to peck my lips.

We walk through the maze of apartments till we reach one on the first floor. His shaky hands open the door and I'm met with the scene of a classic bachelor pad.

A black wood round table sits at the right of the entrance with 4 matching chairs around it. To the left was a living room with a classic black futon and a tv on a stand across from it. The kitchen was right at the other end of the dining area and it had an open wall where you could see right into the dining area from the kitchen.

The walls were a bare tan color and matched the tan of the carpet.

"It's not much but..."

"Hey" I stop him before he can continue. "It's perfect." I smile.

A wide grin takes over his face as he kisses me. "Oh look" he smiles and takes my hand and pulls me further into the living room. He points at the large bare wall and smiles.

"Your painting will go perfectly right here." He says.

I love you. I love you I love you fuck I love you and I barley know you.