23

Oh look. Another song that reminds me of Daniel and Angie 🥲❤️‍🔥

Just added it to my Books playlist which can be found by clicking that ugly orange link on my profile 💕

-Zeri

Angelique's POV

Angelique's POV

I was still processing everything Daniel had told us tonight. Well, maybe I should say Marcus.

God that's weird.

After we had a basic game plan to contact the leaders in New York we each decided we'd had enough excitement for the night. The bonfire went on, and most of my family decided to get some rest. Shockingly my parents didn't say anything about me going with Daniel to his room. I think they understood he needed me right now more than anything.

We were laying on his bed. Him on his back and me on my side as I rested my head on his chest, one of his arms wrapped around my waist as he rubbed circles on my side with his thumb. We'd been laying in silence since we walked in here 20 minutes ago.

"So should I call you Marcus now?" I ask looking up at him.

He looks down at me as he laughs lowly. "No. I kinda got used to people calling me Daniel." He says with a smile.

I laugh snuggle closer to his side. "I'm really proud of you."

"Why?"

I raise my head up and rest my chin on his chest. "You got your story out, and I think you really needed to."

"You think so?" He asks.

"Every time you'd finish a sentence you'd let a breath out like you've been holding one in. Your past was like a huge held in breath." I state.

A small smile creeps up on the corner of his lips. "I will admit I do feel a little lighter after talking about it. Feels like I'm not constantly hiding anymore." He shrugs.

"Good." I say with a smile and lean up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" He asks hopefully.

I smile up at him and nod. "I'll need to borrow something to wear though. Don't feel like walking back into the other cabin and getting grilled by Maya." I chuckle.

Daniel smiles and nods his head. "You can borrow clothes but you actually have to give this T-shirt back." He says getting up from the bed and walking to the dresser across from the bed.