13

I stayed in the room for hours. Maya never came back in, and I don't know if it's because she's still off somewhere running or she's just in a different cabin.

My parents haven't once walked in to talk to me, my aunts and Lilith came in and tried to talk to me but I just pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to talk, I just wanted to be left alone.

It was a little after 8 when my mom finally came in.

"Angie will you join us at the dining table?"

I glanced at her and sighed. "Who is us"

"Leadership." She states.

I look away from her for a second but look back and nod.

I get up from the bed and follow her to the table.

All of my family sat around the table, which surprisingly included Maya, and unfortunately Daniel. I guess he is technically a part of leadership now.

"Alright, now that everyone is here I wanted to further explain the things going on in our pack." My dad says looking at both Maya and I, then at Daniel.

"I know the circumstances right now aren't the best but you should all know. The reason for this event is to train as many members of our pack in case of a war."

"War?" Daniel immediately questions.

"We've had a few attacks to the leaders from Colorado. They'll be joining us this week."

"Have they not caught anyone?" Maya questions.

"They did. One person, but they're not talking." Kai adds in.

"We wanted to wait to warn the pack until we had some answers but being that two attacks occurred within two months we think it's time to tell them." My aunt Alyssa states. "I'll be running training this week and all three of you will be attending." She adds.

My aunt Alyssa was usually the leader in charge of training, a few of the other leaders would help but she was the best at it.

"It's not going to be easy, and I know the three of you are in a tough spot right now but we need you guys to let that go for the week and focus." Kai says.

I glance over at Maya and Daniel. Maya of course has her eyes everywhere else just in order to avoid mine, and Daniel stares directly at me.

"As more info comes in you'll be updated. You're all in training for leadership now." My dad states.

"But I don't have a mate" Maya says with a petty tone.

"If you'd rather be petty and stay clueless by all means. Go ahead." Tyler fires back.

Maya and I both snap our heads in his direction shocked he flat out said that to her.

"Whatever. Fine" Maya scoffs and stands up from the table and walks to our bedroom. When she does Tyler looks over at me and winks.

I mouth a thank you and he nods.

As guilty as I was about Maya I hated how she said that. As if things weren't already weird she had to make it worse.

Everyone else left the table to turn in for the night. We had all been working our asses off this weekend preparing for the amount of people coming, and tomorrow they'd all start to file in.

As I was walking back towards my bedroom Maya was walking out with her bags.

"What are you doing?"

"Going to the other cabin. There's no more rooms here." She shrugs.

"Maya seriously?" I ask as she brushes past me and goes out the door to the cabin across the way.

"She'll come around Angie. She just needs time." My mom says from behind me.

I don't respond as I shut the front door and head back to my room. Once again Daniel sat there on my bed waiting for me.

"You shouldn't be in here." I state frozen by the door.

"Your mom didn't seem to care when I walked in." He says with a small smile. I could tell he was trying to make me feel better but it wasn't working. I was emotionally wrapped in fear and guilt. I knew the fear was emitting from the both of us, but his seemed stronger.

"What's wrong?" I ask taking a seat on the bed across from him.

"Well I joined a new pack, thought I found my mate but it ended up being her twin, joined leadership and now the pack is in danger." He says exasperated with a bitter chuckle. "Trouble seems to always find me." He looks away from me as he mutters the last part. His gaze holds a distant look and I can't help but feel like there is another meaning to those words.

"Why don't you live with your parents?" I blurt out.

Daniel visibly tenses at my question before turning his head to me and smiling.

"Because I'm about to be 20. I moved out. It's not a weird thing Angie." He says with a goofy grin. I can hear his heart rate pick up slightly, and once again his eyes don't match what he's trying to pull off.

"Why are you lying to me?" I ask softly.

Daniel sighs and shakes his head. "I just don't live with them." He shrugs. "They wanted to stay behind in New York but I wanted to-"

"I thought you were from Colorado?" I interject. Maya said he had just moved here from Colorado.

"I'm from New York. I lived in Colorado for about a year before I came here." He says quickly.

"Why?"

Daniel sighs and runs his hands over his face. His heart rate was picking up by the second and I could sense his frustration.

"I just didn't want to live in New York forever." He shrugs.

"So you left your pack entirely for another? Didn't you have other family?"

"Is this a fucking interrogation?" He asks with irritation in his voice. I can't help but flinch at his sudden change in mood. He was no longer acting calm and cool. His inner frustration was beginning to surface. I could see instantly he regretting snapping.

"Angie-"

"I'm just trying to know you. You don't tell me anything about yourself." I say cutting him off. "You were mad at me last week because we couldn't spend time together and now that I'm trying to your deflecting."

"I just don't want to talk about that." He says angrily.

"Why not?" I bite back.

"Because it doesn't matter. Either way it isn't your business."

I was taken back by his words. Once again I could tell he regretted it but I didn't care. He wasn't opening up to me even though I can physically tell he's hiding something.

"We should get some sleep. Alyssa starts training early."

"Angie-"

"Please leave" I whine. I didn't want to fight anymore. I've had enough of it today.

Daniel sighs and gets up from the bed and walks out the door without a single look back at me.

I could feel all of his emotions as well as my own and it was overwhelming. I was the cause for his frustration but the emotion that worried me the most was his fear and anxiety.