그 어리석은 기회

тнαт σηє ѕтυρι∂ ᑕᕼᗩᑎᑕE

Passing days feels like reciting. A repetition of the same order which you start in the beginning and ends the same. They feel hectic and full that's why you don't remember when they passed? It's just a feeling that a lot of days have been spent doing the same thing.

A few days passed since Jungkook had been visiting the library for his work, while Taehyung was busy at his parents' house.

On a beautiful evening, Jungkook wrapped up his work in the library. The library was as silent as how it used to be on days off. There was no rush and most people had already left. The footsteps of two adults were clearly audible in that silent hall as they approached Mr. Hwang's desk. Their whispers in the hall were rather contrary to their footsteps.

Mr. Hwang greeted Jungkook and his assistant with a warm smile, asking if they had a good time or not.

Jungkook, "Mr. Hwang, you always ask that, and we always say we had a wonderful time. Thank you for your cooperation and support."

"I'm pleased that I could be of any help." Mr. Hwang thanked while a female employee came and put some books on Mr. Hwang's desk.

"These are some of the books that the author wants to issue

"These are some of the books that the author wants to issue."

Mr. Hwang, "Alright keep them there."

Jungkook adjusted his bag pack when his eyes suddenly caught a little glimpse of something similar he had seen somewhere. His eyebrows twisted, while his hands instinctively touched the same yellow note sticking out of a book in the pile of books on the desk.

❝Today I bumped into you again. You seemed like that flower long forgotten in the old diary.
~Avijeet Das

He pulled it and stared at the handwriting, confirming that it's the same person. He immediately stood up and asked Mr. Hwang, "Who wants to issue these books? Are they here?"

"Umm I'm not sure because they were gone for a week to their grandparents so they might have ordered on the phone. As I didn't meet them in the morning, I don't know if they are back but you can go upstairs and check if they are here or not."

"Upstairs? Alright thanks. Ms. Go, you can go back now." He said and rushed towards upstairs, putting the note in his pocket. While he was rushing upstairs he surpassed a male who was coming down, almost hitting him by chance in rush.

❝Chance. Stupid, dumb, blind chance. Just a part of the strange mechanism of the world, with its fits and coughs and starts and random collisions.
~Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

The male came down while his headphones were on. He smilingly waved to Mr. Hwang while Mr. Hwang was busy talking with someone.

Mr. Hwang tried to stop him and ask if he met Jungkook or not but Taehyung just went towards exit silently listening to the music in the headphones.

A few minutes later, Jungkook came down after asking a few people in the small room if they wrote these notes but they all denied. His heart felt a thump when he realized he missed a person who passed him on the staircase. His rushing legs were a sign that he desperately wanted to meet that person.

He searched for a male in the hall but no one was there, only Mr

He searched for a male in the hall but no one was there, only Mr. Hwang talking to a female employee. 

He noticed the pile of books still placed on the desk beside Mr. Hwang. He thought he might have misunderstood something or missed them by chance. 

❝There is no such thing as coincidence in this world. The only thing is hitsuzen.
Hitsuzen...A naturally fore-ordained event. A state in which all other outcomes are impossible.
~Clamp, xxxHolic, Vol. 1 (xxxHOLiC, #1)

Jungkook pulled out the note from his pocket, fondly gazed at the words and read,