도서관의 따뜻함

Wαrмтн օƒ ᒪIᗷᖇᗩᖇY

NOTE:( Play the above video while you read this chapter )

Late afternoon, the sun is setting and its warm glow is glimmering on the wooden floor of this old library. A man in his late twenties is searching for a great book for his next work. The Man has delicate features to admire, his beautiful warm skin tone appreciating more of his features.

In a library that is so big and spacious, he found a corner which is pleasant to him. The big shelves reach up to the ceiling of this room. He needs a ladder to reach the top shelf that's the same height as the ceiling. This shelf is a home for old books.

❝A series of books, dilapidated and faded, sit bundled together

❝A series of books, dilapidated and faded, sit bundled together. Most of the bindings are separating from the yellowed pages, but each is at home in its battered state. Their wrinkled pages and discolored skin tell not of old age, but of a good life. These books, unlike so many others, were not just read, but revisited, loved, and experienced.
~Kelseyleigh Reber, If I Resist (Circle and Cross, #2)

In this modern world, this library has lost many of its visitors, but it still holds a huge part in many hearts. It has been long forgotten that only the dust remains on the books and shelves. The floor is covered in piles of books that never got the chance to be kept back on their places.
Under the warm golden glow of the sun which is coming through the big windows, the man finds a few books of his interest and came back down from the ladder. He rests his back on the big shelf sitting next to that old wooden ladder. He dusts off the books blowing on them and flourishing them a little. He brushes off his hand on the book revealing its title more clearly. He unfolds a few of its pages so as to take a better understanding of its content.

 He unfolds a few of its pages so as to take a better understanding of its content

He reads through the content of the book taking interest in it. A few minutes passes, an hour passes, various expressions could be seen on his face all through this time. A ray of yellow light falls on the beautiful sleeping face of this man as he lies there curled up with the open book on his chest.

A few minutes later, the old librarian comes to that corner casting his shadow over his face

A few minutes later, the old librarian comes to that corner casting his shadow over his face. He smiles and sits beside him ruffling his hair, slowly removing the book from his hands. He gets up and walks away, after a few minutes he comes back with a soft blanket which he quietly places over him, as he continues to walk down the aisle letting him sleep even though it was past closing time.
The sound of deep humming from the old man as he checks all the corners of the library, woke him up for a while but then again lullaby him back to the sleep when he knew he was warm, safe and happy in that place where he belongs.

"Tae~"
"Taehyung? Wake up, it's already nine." The old librarian, Mr. Hwang, tapped a little on his shoulder. The man who was sleeping beautifully turned when he heard the same deep soothing voice of the librarian.

"Mr. Hwang?" He mumbled.

"Wake up kid! Come on, I made you a tea. Let's drink it on my desk."

"Mhmm..." He rubbed his eyes.

"So what have you been writing lately?" Mr. Hwang asked sipping from his cup.

"Hmmm... I'm not sure, I'm still searching but I found a really good book. It might be of a great help. I'll continue reading it and let's see where it takes me."

"Hmm from the old books shelf?"

"Yeah..."

"It has very old books, maybe from the times when I was of your age."

"So what?? Old books exert a strange fascination for me -- their smell, their feel, their history; wondering who might have owned them, how they lived, what they felt."

"Sure, I'm waiting to add one more book in that section of your works."