책의 기쁨

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝓎 𝑜𝒻 ᗷOOKᔕ

❝The world is quiet here.
~Lemony Snicket

Jungkook looked around a little bit, inhaling the memorable scent of this place. The books seemed welcoming him as if wanting him to treat them like his long-lost friends. He crossed a passage which had a reception for issuing books and other administrative work on the right and on his left he saw a huge standalone white book stand which had new published books by various authors displayed there. He smiled to the receptionist proceeded to come down from a few stairs after that passage.

❝A library is like an island in the middle of a vast sea of ignorance, particularly if the library is very tall and the surrounding area has been flooded.
~Lemony Snicket, Horseradish

He entered a huge hall which had huge desks and chairs around it

He entered a huge hall which had huge desks and chairs around it. Only five people to count were sitting there. Jungkook traced his fingers on the desk while proceeding towards the huge shelves on his left. The books harmonized beautifully according to the categories defined on the top of every shelf. The aesthetic of that library was surely different. A huge half circle passageway in the center while the rest was covered with shelves beautifully designed with books. Every corner had its own specialty.

The library was old and surely the visitors were a few but it was undeniable beautiful for his project. After crossing the passage, he turned to his right and took stairs to go upstairs. Both sides of the stair case were furnished with beautiful paintings and some famous books hanged as a showpiece. He first encountered with a huge hall which again had space for reading and sitting. On his right, he again saw a half circle entrance which takes you into a small cafe store. The menu there was simple- coffee and dessert with various variants. He went further crossing the huge hallway, looking at everyone quietly reading books. He again saw the same half circle entrance but this time when he entered he felt something different. It felt like no one was there. That this place doesn't belong here and had been abandoned long ago. The books there felt like stocked, like they were never touched or even replaced. It felt like they were just there for a long time.

❝Second hand books are wild books, homeless books; they have come together in vast flocks of variegated feather, and have a charm which the domesticated volumes of the library lack

~Virginia Woolf

"Hmm~ looks like no one comes here." Just as he was strolling in one of the sections of this place, he saw a book undone and lying on a desk beside that huge shelf. It looked different, it looked clean from others. There were a few others which felt like someone read them some time. He saw a piece of yellow paper sticking out of that book. Curiously picking up the book, dusting a little dust from it he withdrew the note.

❝The best way you can contribute to a better future for humanity is to leave notes for who is coming next

~Laine Alcantara

Looking at it, he knew in first glance that it was freshly written, folded and kept in that book. Wondering a little, he decided to open that note not having any intentions to hurt anyone's privacy if someone's was attached to it.

The note had a beautiful lettering which told ~