Chapter 5 Part 2: Heart of Darkness

Start from the beginning

Betty: Are you proposing a seance or...

Jughead: No. dead men tell no tales.

Scott: But their bedrooms and their houses, That's another story.

Scott pulls out of his backpack, the invitation to Jasons memorial. Betty and Jughead look at each other, getting what Scott is trying to plan.

- - - - SCHOOL HALLWAY- - - -
Veronica is walking with the other River Vixens, when out the corner of her eye she see Scott who is laying on a bench sleeping. Veronica goes over to wake him up and Scott wakes up.

Veronica: True loves kiss usually wakes up Sleeping Beauty.

Scott chuckles as he struggles to keep his shades on. Veronica notices the act.

Scott: Yeah, it's honestly the only place I can get some quiet.

Veronica: I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the reason you haven't been sleeping well has something to do with that black eye.

Scott is embarrassed that his cover up didn't really work. He takes the shades off and shows her his black eye.

Scott: You think this bad, you should see the other guy

Veronica: How'd that happen?

Scott: Some guys tried to take my wallet.

Veronica: Did they take it?

Scott reaches in his pocket and pulls out his wallet.

Scott: I should've been ready, should've saw  it coming.

Veronica: Hey, you're not Superman. You're human and sometimes human make mistakes. But you know what makes us great? We learn from our mistakes.

Scott thinks about this and her words stick with him. Veronica then kisses her fingers and slowly touches Scott black eye. It doesn't hurt or sting him, then Scott and Veronica look in each others eye and they smile.

Veronica: Promise me you won't get into any other fights.

Scott: I promise.

Veronica gives Scott a smile and get up to leave. Scott rubs his eye, still thinking about the words that Veronica had said to him.

                    - - - - TAMAKI LODGE- - - -
It's the day of Jasons memorial Scott looks in the mirror at the suit he's wearing for Jason's memorial.