Chapter 12: The Meeting Part 1

A/N: Hello folks, sorry for the late update (again). Hopefully now though, I would be able to get a decent schedule going for updates. I still want to write numerous more fanfics of Corpse Party after all (even if it's not as popular as it once was). Anyways, enjoy, and see y'all around next time.

Yoshiki's House - Yoshiki's PoV

I woke up to the sunlight making its way through my curtains. I sit up and check the time, which shows that it is 7 am sharp. I look at Ayumi who is still sound asleep. I chuckle as I make my way out to the kitchen. I cook breakfast, and wake up Ayumi after I finish.

"Ayumi, wake up... it's 7:30, and I have breakfast ready." I say as I gently shake Ayumi.

"*Yawn* Already?" Ayumi says groggily, slowly getting up from the bed. She heads to the bathroom to wash up. I hear the water running as I start setting up the table. After about 5 minutes, she comes out of the bathroom and sits down at the table next to me.

"Itadakimasu." We both say in unison as we put our hands together and bow our heads. We then ate our meals quietly. I finished my meal first like usual, but I kept quiet, waiting for Ayumi to finish her meal. Once she did, we both said, "Gochisousama," in unison. I took the plates and swiftly washed them and put them on a rack to dry. I then walked back and sat down.

"Are you ready for them to come, Ayumi?" I ask.

"I think so... I'm a little worried about how it's going to go, but I think I'm ready."

"You nervous?" I ask while chuckling.

"Of course I am! Geez..." she quickly retorts, slightly turning red.

"Haha, kidding. So, what are we going to do?"

"Hm?"

"You know, what are we going to tell them? We can't just tell them because they have to remember it themselves according to that book..."

"True... I guess we can start with the memories that they've been recovering, if they have, at least."

"Sounds like a start. Do you think telling them the truth will help them remember? You know, they could get another memory from it."

"Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to try that."

"It's going to be a long day." I state while sighing.

"It is." Ayumi replies, giggling. "I hope everything goes well."

"Yeah, I hope so, too."

"But... what if... it doesn't? What if they can't remember us?"

"Ayumi..."

"What if we are erased from this world forever?" She looks down, tearing up."

"..." I look away, aware that this is indeed a possibility.

"I'm so sorry, Yoshiki. If I hadn't done the charm, none of this would have happened. I'm so sorry you have to go through this..." Ayumi cries after finishing her sentence. I make my way towards Ayumi, and I hug her, allowing her to cry into my shirt.

"It's okay, Ayumi. I know that what you just said is a possibility, and I don't want it to happen either. You meant for the best when you got the charm, it's Naho's fault for lying on her blog, not yours. Plus... I chose to stay back in the Nirvana. No matter what happens, Ayumi, I'll be there with you."

"*sniff* Thanks, Yoshiki."

"Shh... it's okay. Let it out." I say gently, patting her back, calming her down.

"I-I think I'm fine now, thanks."

"No problem. Although, I don't really know what else to plan for when they come."