Piano Man - Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

“Sorry, I didn’t know what bathroom you are in and I didn’t hear the shower running and you left the door unlocked” he held his hands up in defense. “ I’m going, I’m going.” he insisted and then showed himself out. Two embarrassing moments with the same attractive guy within hours of each other, this is going to be a long summer.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and made my way down to the living room, in which Gabby told me they would be and she was right. Robby was sitting on the couch flipping through channels furiously, well Gabby watched in boredom.

“Just pick a channel already” I told him.

“What are you going to do if I don’t” he smirked in a joking manner.I looked at Gabby who was smiling at me wildly, it was like we could read each others mind.

“1,2,3” I counted down and on three both Gabby and I pounced on top of Robby. Knowing his weakness I tickled him well Gabby tried to get the remote of his tight grip. It took some persistent  tickling but eventually we got it.

“Success!” Gabriel yelled holding the remote up in the air.

“It’s best if you don’t mess with us” I teased Robby.

“ Sorry to interrupt your weird tickle fight...” I looked to see Noah standing in the doorway once again. “But dinner is ready.” We all got up to the table and we were just waiting for my mom who was in the shower. She decided to stay a night and visit her friends before leaving us all, like usual. Niall sat at the end of the table, while Shawna and Gabby sat to his left, and Noah to his right. I could choose to sit beside Robby who was placed at the other end of the table or Noah. Considering what I just did to Robby, I  decided to take my chances with blondie.

“ I heard about your incident, with Noah and the shower” Gabby said, so everyone would know the story.

“It was an accident” Noah looked to his dad who shot him a glare.” I swear, besides I thought she was done because you couldn’t hear her singing anymore.” I blushed slightly,  they could hear me singing to myself? I hope I was in key.

“ Don’t worry you sounded great” Gabby insured me, as if we had telepathic powers.

“Uhh...thanks” I replied humbly.

“You probably get it from your father” Shawna nodded but as soon as she realised what she said her face turned white as a ghost.

“You knew my father?” I asked in shock, I knew Niall did but his wife does too. What am I missing out on?

She nodded. “ Your mother and I have been best friends for a long time, since around Robby’s age.” Oh so she knew him when he stuck around. Everyone stuck around for Robby but it seems no one knew I existed.

“ Was...my dad...a good dad?” I asked a little afraid of the answer. Shawna went to open her mouth when my mom walked in sitting down next to me.

“ I am starving, what’s for dinner?” She smiled and then started into a conversation with Niall and Shawna that continued to go through dinner and even afterwards. We just said and watched T.v well we heard laughs coming from the other room  from them talking about old memories, none of them though that contained my dad. I listened hoping to hear a useful piece of information, like where to start looking for him or who to ask but nothing was brought up in the hours of boring conversation. It was starting to get late so I decided to go to bed, because I was tired from the plane ride and well I couldn’t stand Noah’s piercing stare  following me around the room the whole time. What was his problem? I got up and made my way up to the room I was staying in, which had a connecting bathroom to Gabby’s room.I grabbed my flannel pajama shorts and a stretchy tank top throwing them on to sleep comfortably. Just as I got my shirt on, I heard a knock on the door and in a few seconds in walked Noah.

“What? Were you hoping to catch me changing again?” I half laughed but the other part was a bit serious, what did he want?

“ No, I uhm...I just wanted to tell you something” he said running his hands through his messy hair.

“And that would be?” I raised my eyebrow at him, not really caring what he had to say. I didn’t want an apology or a good night kiss.

“ I think I can help you find your dad.”

“Wait, did you know him?” I asked eagerly, how did he know that I wanted to find my dad so desperately, and what did he know that I didn’t.

“Here” he said as he passed me his sweater, “ follow me” and with that he disappeared into the dark hallway.

A/N: Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. I can't wait to write the next chapter as you guys get to know even more about what is going on. Vote and comment, please. :)xx