Marked

Blumiere shouted in frustration as he stormed down the hallway of his home, the castle, following close behind his father, who was holding the Dark Prognosticus under his arm.

"Timpani! What did you do with her? I must see her!" Blumiere exclaimed.

His father snapped around and slapped him across the face, snarling at him with bared fangs.

"Still your tongue, Blumiere... Can't you see you've been duped by a dirty human?" Blumiere's father questioned, "You have brought shame to my name... and to the entire Tribe of Darkness!"

Blumiere growled as he glared back up at his father, who was easily taller than him by almost a foot.

"And so what if I did?! That doesn't matter to me! She's my entire world!" Blumiere stated.

Blumiere's father hummed in response as he turned back around, a blank expression on his face.

"Well, then it will interest you to know... that she no longer resides in this world." Blumiere's father simply replied.

Blumiere blinked in confusion, the words not processing in his mind.

"What... What do you mean by that?!" Blumiere questioned.

"This is the price those who resist their own fate must pay, my son." Blumiere's father hissed.

Blumiere shook his head as the true meaning of his words set in.

"She... No... It can't be so!" Blumiere shouted in disbelief.

"Someday you will see, Son. Our kind and humans must never mix." Blumiere's father spat.

Blumiere burst into sobs and ran down the hall, pushing past his father. He kept running and running until he collapsed on his knees in one of the halls, breathing heavy and shallow breaths. Blumiere clenched his fists in rage as hot tears fell to the floor, his mind pulling him towards thoughts of revenge.

------------------

Count Bleck had found another cave to stay in for the day and the four of them made their way inside. Mr.L helped Dimentio trudge along as he took shaky breaths, still hardly even recovered from the water, though the cold night air had already dried most of it. Nastasia quickly huddled inside the cave as Count Bleck glared down at Dimentio and Mr.L.

"What are you doing?" Count Bleck questioned Mr.L.

"What does it look like? Making sure he doesn't burn up in the sun! Not like YOU are gonna help him." Mr.L spat.

Count Bleck growled in response and simply walked into the cavern.

"Maybe you should leave him to burn, Mr.L. After all, he seems quite delusional to Count Bleck." Count Bleck muttered to himself.

Nastasia cleared her throat as she walked up beside Count Bleck. He turned his head to look at her to see her looking down at her feet.

"Hey... count..?" Nastasia started.

"What?" Count Bleck spat.

"If... Um... If that girl is who you think it is... There's still time! You can still stop the prophecy from destroying everything! Yeah, because, if that's really her... If she's alive, you have to stop all this!" Nastasia exclaimed.

Count Bleck frowned and shook his head.

"You know not what you are saying, Nastasia. The prophecy can no longer be stopped by Count Bleck. No one can stop it." Count Bleck stated.