Conflict Begins

It was late in the evening at Flipside, and people were beginning to head back to their homes for the night. Street lamps were turned on as the sun was almost down. Timpani rushed down the street, trying to hurry back to her house before nightfall. She ran out in front of an alley and quickly found a hand gripping her wrist. With a strong yank, she was pulled into the alley.

Timpani flinched and then opened her eyes to see Blumiere holding onto her arm. He looked like he had been crying. A lot. Blumiere breathed heavily as he held onto her arm, making sure that he was still in the shadow of the alley so he didn't get burnt.

"Timpani, why? Why do you avoid me?!" Blumiere exclaimed, "I've been trying to see you for weeks! Did I do something wrong?!"

"Ow... OW! Unhand me!" Timpani shouted, jerking her hand from his grip.

He let go of her and she gripped where he had held her, tears forming at the corners of her eyes as she looked away.

"Huh? You're crying! Why? Timpani, you must tell me what has happened!" Blumiere cried.

Timpani shook her head.

"It's nothing... Don't worry about it... Just forget it..." Timpani murmured.

Blumiere gasped, his hands starting to tremble as tears formed in his eyes again.

"Oh no... Timpani, is my father behind this?" Blumiere asked.

Timpani held in a sob as she hesitantly looked up at him.

"I'm... I'm just an ordinary girl. No matter how much I love you, we must part." Timpani choked out.

Blumiere shook his head in disbelief, tears now flowing freely.

"Timpani... I..." Blumiere trailed off.

Timpani turned back around.

"This is goodbye, Blumiere. There's no other choice. This is our fate..." Timpani stated.

Blumiere shook his head and ran in the other direction. He turned into a bat and flew off, leaving Timpani to herself as night set in.

------------------

Peach, Mario, Bowser, Tippi, and Thoreau all slept soundly as the day started to draw out into the night. Tippi hummed as she started to stir, letting out a small yawn as she stretched. She tried blinking the sleep out of her eyes as she walked over to the nearest window and peered outside.

"PHEW! Finally refreshed!" Tippi yawned, "Good... night?"

She rubbed the rest of the sleep from her eyes and gasped, realizing it was now nighttime. Tippi turned and rushed back to everyone.

"Everyone! Wake up! We slept through the whole DAY!" Tippi exclaimed.

The three heroes groaned as they began to wake up, trying to process what she was saying.

"Since when was it nighttime?!" Bowser shouted.

"Since we slept in!" Mario retorted, "We need to get moving!"

As all four of them neared the door, Thoreau floated up to them.

"Allow me to make my travel convenient!" Thoreau chirped.

Thoreau shrunk down in size and then zipped into Mario's bag of weaponry he carried around.

"Alright then, let's get moving, everyone," Mario said.

He opened up the door and they all charged outside, hurrying to make up for the lost time.

------------------