Day 25 - Hide & Seek (Yandere! Caesar x Reader)

"What are you doing here?" You glared at the pink gas flowing into your laboratory, witnessing it turn into the familiar face you once knew.

"Why I came to see you, my dear," Caesar answered, a soft expression on his face. "It's been far too long since we've seen each other."

"Not long enough." You turned back to the glass vials, wishing to ignore him.

"Come now, [Y/n]." Caesar floated towards you, trying to get your attention. "Don't you miss the days we used to spend time together in the lab?" he asked, wrapping his arms around your lower torso. "All the..." he leaned closer to your ear, his breath making your skin feel warm. "Experiments we had?"

You hummed in response, feeling comfortable in his grasp. You relax into him, accepting the soft brushes his nose nuzzled into your cheek. You did miss him, his presence, the gas around you. It felt so soft and... and... and what were you doing?

Moving away from his grasp, resisting the temptation that was calling you to his arms, you glared at Caesar, folding your arms.

"You're not welcome here, Caesar," you stated coldly. "Vegapunk cast you out, remember?"

"Oh yes, yes, the glorious Vegapunk couldn't handle someone else threatening to take his number one spot!" Caesar's mood instantly flipped when you brought up the world's greatest scientist.

"Vegapunk kicked you out because you were going too far!" you corrected the logia being. "Not for some petty rivalry."

"Well none of that matters now," Caesar brushed off the details, not caring to listen. "I'm no longer being held back by the world government or Vegapunk."

"If that's the case then leave, you don't belong here," you reminded him how this is one of the world government labs, your gaze going back to the chemicals in the glass, lifting one up and examining it.

"Yes, well you see..." Caesar's tone shifted. "I'm not leaving without you coming with me."

Fear brushed your skin, turning you pale from how possessive he sounded. You dropped the vial and it shattered on the ground, the chemicals creating a smoke cloud for you to flee unnoticed in. The distraction didn't come without a toll, the contents of what was in that vial weren't safe to consume, and you breathed in your fair share of it.

That didn't matter to you at the moment, you just needed a place to hide. If you knew Caesar, escaping right away wasn't going to be an option, you'd just be a deer walking into a bear trap. The chance of playing the long game of hide 'n' seek made your chances of getting out higher, but not by much, Caesar had the upper hand. Being made of chemicals practically means none affects him, on the other hand, you were not immune to such things. Yet you had to do your best to remain silent...

Because the game has just begun.