"Mom, there's no way I could be--" I scoffed, trying to seem casual but deep inside I was worrying if it was true; could it be possible? "I'm a boy, mom."

"You're an omega," she snapped making me face go blank at the word I was always told to be vulgar.

"Claire." Even my father sounded astonished.

I pushed up to my feet, ignoring my aching body parts. "I'm going to my room," I mumbled.

I know that the term 'omega' shouldn't bother me; I was one after all. But hearing it come for my mother, the one to teach me self worth, the one to constantly tell me I wasn't any less of a wolf due to my size, call me by a pack rank hurt. It hurt a lot. I shifted awkwardly into bed, lying facing the wall. I wished Liam was here. Despite our recent...upsets, in the last few weeks, I still hated him leaving. Our fights were becoming painfully common. It seemed that we'd have a disagreement that'd reduce me to tears weekly! Usually it was because I wouldn't shift him with. It was all because of my weird condition anyway, but Liam had to take it offensively. He had to act like I was doing it on purpose because I didn't want to spend time with him. Sometimes even going as far as to call me a 'drama queen'.

Sounds petty right? Well at the time, I could literally spit fire he got me so angry.

Now I just wanted him to hold me and tell me that everything was going to be okay. I knew there was no chance in that because ever since the kiss-misunderstanding my father refused to let him in my bedroom with me. For any reason at all. Liam felt bad enough about it without my father bringing it up every time he saw him. It seemed silly but to my father, he was protecting me.

After a while I heard Thomas come in panting. "It's fucking boiling out there, mom. My coat was killing me."

I pushed myself out of bed, peeking my head out to see my eldest brother standing in the doorway. His chest was bare, gleaming with sweat from the one hundred and five temperature outside. He had a note in his hand, which had me nibbling my bottom lip anxiously. "So?" My father demanded as my mother poured Thomas a glass of cool water from the water pail. "What happened?"

"Well they took me to see this chick--she looks just like mom, dad. It's crazy. Anyway, she read the letter and then asked if it was true. I was all like, 'I dunno, lady. I just dropped off the letter' and she wrote this. Said it was urgent that you read it and bring him to her promptly."

My father snatched the note, my mother spinning around. "James that's for me." she growled, looking ready to put my father in his place.

"I'm your mate and your husband," he argued. "What secrets do you have from me?"

My mother shook her head, passing Thomas the glass he greedily gulped down. "None, darling. I'm just anxious. Will out read it to me?" her tone was passive again, the mother I was used to.

Slowly my father unfolded the note and began to read in his deep, smooth voice: "'To my dear sister, Claire. Your letter has sparked my interest. You claim your son to be an omega? If so, there is a chance you are correct and your son could very well be pregnant. If you are serious about this and wish for me to examine him, please come to me after receiving this letter. We will have food, shelter, and safety for you upon your arrival. Bring your eldest son and the omega. Not--" he froze, a muscle ticking in his jaw. "That village idiot you ran off with. If he comes, I will not help. With love, your sister, Clarrissa.'"

My mother was quiet a moment, looking deep in thought. "Pack a bag, Thomas. You too Colton. I see out back there."

"Absolutely not Claire. I will not have my mate and children walking alone through unfamiliar and hostile territory."