𝟐𝟖 - 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

Before you read...

This whole part is in flashbacks from jimin's childhood memories. This part might contain the content which is a bit triggering to some viewers so read at own risk. However, I prefer to read this part as it will connect you to the main character's pain and life better. Otherwise, choice is yours :) However, Enjoy!!

Author point of view

It was a blissful sunny morning. The sweet time to have a slushy in the extreme hot summer after playing with his brother, eating the delicious naengmyeon made by his mother, reading comic books while munching on honey butter chips in afternoon and stargazing in the embrace of his mother late at night was all how the life was for park jimin. The little nine year old boy's life was all happy until one day, late at night, his father who was gone 'on a mission' came back.

"Appa!" The boy with his seven-year-old young brother ran with a huge smile on their face on meet their father. The kids went near their father but as usual, got the cold shoulder.

"You're not a kid anymore jimin." Jaeyi told his son, breaking the little guy's smile.

"Y-You're back?" Eun, jimin's mother came downstairs to greet her husband but stopped in her tracks when she saw another woman, wrapping her hands around him.

"Eun, meet hwan. My girlfriend." Jaeyi said without thinking twice.

"Jimin, take soobin with you upstairs." Eun said in a firm voice.

"But eomma-"

"Now!" She repeated herself. Hanging his head low, jimin took his brother with him. Even though the door of their little room was closed, the shouting was enough loud for him.

"What do you mean by this?! You have two sons Jaeyi! Two!" Eun shouted at her husband with a trembling voice.

"So what? They have your flithly blood! They're peasants!" Jaeyi yelled back.

"You are fucking married to me jaeyi! This is an affair! Not love!" She sobbed harder.

"Oh eun shut up! You don't even know what love feels like! Hwan gave me everything. And just to let you know, we also have a son. Park Chen." Jaeyi spitted without having any shame for his works.

"Then what about me? What about our kids? What about our relationships, jae." She looked at him with tears welled up in her eyes.

Guilt was inside jaeyi but he just looked away leaving her wife behind to cry to sleep.

Days later...

The once wife of the mafia king, Eun, was now becoming helpless day by day. Her husband would come and abuse her anytime he wanted. Or to worse this all, jaeyi's so called 'girlfriend' would fake that eun is hurting her and chen, would result into putting eun in the basement. On top of it, all this happened infront of jimin. He wanted to save her mother but not lose his father at the same time. The sensitive broken boy being lost and helpless did nothing but just watch everything in silence and cry.

Eun was making some food for her son, when jaeyi entered the mansion. Sweat bead all over his forehead when the only expression on his face was worry.

"What happened-" Eun asked him.

"Where's hwan?" Jaeyi asked desperately.

"Huh? How would I know?" Eun answered. She also noticed there was not only worry but fear also.