𝟐𝟕 - 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐨𝐧

Jimin point of view

My heart hammered against my chest as I heard abeoji cry through the phone.

"Abeoji, don't worry. I'll be there quickly. I will send Mr Kim there to take care-" I told him while getting up from the bed.

"I don't want someone else. P-Please just comeback." He choked on his tears.

"I will be there...a-appa." I hesitantly said the last word. Never in these thirteen years I have ever called him appa. I would always call him formally or out of anger. But right now? I don't know whether it was love or compassion. But it was genuine.

Me and y/n immidiately sat in the car and drove to the full speed. I made a call to Mr Kim to start looking for chen. Please be good chen. Just for the sake of abeoji.

As soon as we reached there, my eyes fell on abeoji. He looked like a mess. His skin pale, his health completely degraded. My heart ached so fucking much. I ran to him and crouched down.

"A-Appa chen will be alright. I will bring him back home." I wiped tears flooding down his cheeks.

"Trust me." I gave him an assuring smile. Turning to y/n, she gave me a smile saying she will handle everything here.

Getting up I was just about to leave when appa held my wrist, preventing me from going.

"Promise me you will bring him back." He said with teary eyes.

"Just trust me." I said and dashed out.

Author point of view 

As soon as jimin went out in search of chen, a thought striked your head. Despite having a worst relationship with his father and chen, atleast he genuinely cares for them.

You saw how his father was taking sleeping pills. He wasn't taking his regular pills. Taking them in your hands, you walked to him.

"Uhm sir..." You called him out but he was just staring into nothing.

Taking a deep breath, you called him once again but with a softer tone.

"Abeoji..." You placed your hand on his shoulder which made him finally look up at you.

"Here..." You handed him his medicines which he took silently. After taking them, he made you sit next to him.

"Thank you." He said which made you look at him. "Thank you for making jimin happy." He gulped.

"I never tried to become a father to him. But he became my son so perfectly." He said with a heavy heart.

Aftee few minutes, you heard the cars get into the mansion. Jimin's father immidiately got up on his feet and rushed to the front door. Jimin stood in the main door frame with his head hung low.

"Y-You found chen right? W-Where is he?" Jaeyi looked outside the door desperately. Jimin just moved his head a bit and his man came inside with a body wrapped in white sheet.

They placed it infront of jaeyi and moved back. Everyone was silent and looking down. Jimin's father took a deep breath moved towards the body with trembling hands. As soon as he moved the sheet a bit from the face, chen's ruined face was visible.

"NO!" A loud scream left the old man's mouth as he grabbed his son's dead body.

"No, that is my boy!" He cried hugging his son's dead body.

"That is my son."

Jimin's father cried and screamed for his son but nothing could bring him back. Jaeyi begged for everything, to everyone, to bring his son. Not give him such a huge punishment for all of his sins. Not atleast to his son. But fate is a bitch. So karma gave him that one corpse he never ever wanted to see in his life.

...........................^

Jimin point of view

Me and y/n stayed with abeoji at the mansion ever since chen's funeral. I wanted to catch that bastard so badly but still...what if abeoji still counts me as an outsider? Those thoughts were broken when y/n knocked on the door.

"Halmoni wants to talk to you." She handed me the phone.

"Yes halmoni..." I said with a low voice.

"Put it on the speaker." She said with a firm voice. I just did as she said.

"Y/n can you hear me?" She asked.

"Yes halmoni." Y/n replied.

"Good. Chen's funeral is done. I have sent a driver outside the mansion. So get in the car and go back to your home." She commanded.

"Halmoni, what do you mean? Leave abeoji all alone?" I asked her in disbelief.

"That asshole isn't worth calling your father. Leave him on his own and go home." She said with a harsh tone making me go in utter disbelief. How can she think something like that about her own son.

"No, we won't." I said stubbornly.

"This isn't a request but an order, park jimin." Her voice stern.

"Y/n, my daughter. Is jaeyi drinking?" She asked to which y/n just hummed.

"Good, I will send a caretaker in case he needs some help. You go and sit in the car. And jimin, if you don't sit on your own, I will not hesitate to order my man to do it forcefully."

............................^

I hate my halmoni. How can she tell me to leave abeoji to leave there all alone?! He needs us. He needs me. He is all alone.

I frustratedely ran my hand through my hair. I felt anger with my own self. Why did I listen to her-

"Min, c-can we talk?" Y/n came into our room.

"Not now chubs. I-" I took a deep breath trying my best not to burst but I needed to. I have to burst these bitter memories.

"It's okay. I understand. You can tell me whenever you feel like." She just gave me a warm smile and was about to leave but I ran to her and held her wrist, turning her around gently.

"No. Don't go." I mumbled and hugged her gently. Snuggling my face into the crook of her neck, I felt her rubbing my back gently.

"Please stay." I finally said.

"Do you wanna talk?" She asked me to which I just hummed. It's too hard for me now. I need to let go of those bitter memories.

"The reason why halmoni told me to leave abeoji is because of...something happened in my childhood." I slowly started.

"My mother wasn't killed by any of our enemies." My breath got heavier.

"Min, sit and then talk." She told me softly as we sat on the bed but I pulled her into my lap and laid my head on her chest. I kept listening to her heartbeat.

It's okay jimin. She is here. Chubs will handle you. Trust her. Let go of this pain.

"I-It was my abeoji, samchon and chen who killed and tortured my eomma to d-death."

To be continued...

I honestly don't regret k!lling chen but who☺️ Anyways prepare some tissues for next part🤡